Chapter 8

Nini
      Continuing to walk around campus, I get extremely wary considering all of the people walking around in a black hoodie, but I manage to keep my thoughts in my head. That was until I see Ricky trying to pick something off the ground....Wait a minute...that isn't something.
"G-Gina?!" I say, walking up to the both of them.
"Nini?!" They say in unison.
"Didn't know either of you guys go here." She says, wiping herself off. "You guys didn't seem as close a couple of years ago.
"It's a long story. But wait, do you go here?" I ask.
"What? Here? No way. I go to Tampa, I'm just traveling and planning to head to go back to Utah." She replies smiling.
"Tampa. Whoa. Great school." Ricky says uncomfortably, rubbing the back of his neck. My face turns in confusion.
"Yeah great school, but speaking, I got to go catch a flight. It was great seeing you guys."
"Yeah not that's fine," I say, "it was great seeing you too."
  "For sure. I'll...we'll let you get back to it."
She smiles once again before leaving, and fast.
"Well wasn't that just the most awkward thing in the world." I say dumbfounded.
"Yeah I guess," he replies, "also are you going to...well...the reunion?"
  "What? What reunion?" I ask confused.
  "EJ just called me. He said that East High is having the second official production and that and that Ms. Jen wants the original cast..to help them I think."
   God. I haven't seen half of the people there for a long time. The only people are Kourtney, Ashlyn, Gina, and...EJ.
"As..um tempting as it sounds," I say walking a bit in front of him,"it could interfere with with my schedule."
"They don't start rehearsing till 2 weeks, and that's thanksgiving break. I know for a fact I'm not going back to Chicago and that your home, is still in Utah, so what do you say?" He asks.
"I-I don't know. I mean we just reunited yesterday and truth be told, I don't really trust you enough to travel together." I say, backing away.
"Maybe so but, that's in 2 weeks. I could end up changing your mind." He says a bit seductively, causing chills down my spine, which also ends up causing me to make a concerned and angry-ish face. "Oh! Not...what...I..meant." He says, figuring out what was wrong with his sentence. "Look. You do what you do. I'm going to go and enjoy meeting my old friends."
   Right, you mean the ones who saw us fighting. Good idea.
"I'll...I'll see. I gotta go but I'll see you later."
    I nod before leaving awkwardly, holding my backpack strap tightly.

Ricky
As she walks away, I force myself not look at her, but I soon give up and watch the potential love of my life walk away in an adorable manor.
     Sighing, I grab my skateboard before looking at my watch. 7:43 it read, causing me to rush down campus in fear of being late to chemistry.

3 HOURS LATER.

"Mom!," I shout walking out of class with my phone to my ear, "no, I told you already. I can't switch it up. I've already asked."
Backpack strapped onto both shoulders, I soon force myself to begin skating back to my dorm.
"I get it. Your worried, but there's nothing to worry about. Nini and I aren't a thing and I'm sure the air between us is...c-cleared. Yeah. Look, I gotta go but don't worry, I'm safe. Love you." I finish, hanging up the phone from my dramatic mother before continuing down the side walk.
Finally at the dorms, I drag myself to the elevator and down the hallway and to the door of my dorm. The satisfaction of the key unlocking allows me to push the door open harshly and close it once again. Unknowing of why I am so tired, I plop myself down on my make shift bed and rest my eyes....until I soon drift off to sleep.

***

"Ricky?...Hello?...You've slept for like 12 hours last night? Rick? Hello?"
The voice forces me to open my eyes where I soon see Nini looking down at me in concern.
"Oh," I groan, lifting my head up. "How long was I...out?"
"I don't know? I just got hom- I mean here. When'd you get here?" She asks sitting down next to me.
"I really don't know, I...am so tired for some reason." I answer, flipping on my back.
"How do you sleep in that thing?"
"What? My suit?"
"Yeah! Literally I'm positive no guy can wear that for so long." She says, taking her backpack off her back. "Plus, I've seen you sleep in a suit last night. Do you not have a different set of clothes...like those hoodies you used to wear?"
"What? You miss those?" I reply, my arms crossing under my head.
"I mean, It..suits you better?"
"Oh good to know that you don't like my new style I've had for like 2 years"
"I'm not say I don't like it, it just seems like you'd be more comfortable in your classic..y'know outfits." She says, resting her head in her hand.
"I mean sure but I think this fits me better at certain times, don't you think?"
   "But are you comfortable?" The question makes me turn my head towards her.
   "I mean I am right now aren't I?" I reply smiling.
  "I meant in general!"
  "Well. When it's hot outside like today...and skateboarding....shit...maybe not." I say quietly.
  "Well...get up!" She says, tapping my shoulder, "it's only 12. Unless you plan on staying asleep for like 9 more hours."
"Are you gonna try and stop me?" I ask flipping over on my side with the blanket wrapped around me
"No but I think the classes you have are gonna be."
"I had only one class today," I groan, closing my eyes.
"Okay. Fine. You can stay here, but I got to go to the Library. I'll see you later." She replies, picking up her backpack once again.
"Y...yup." I manage to groan once again.
"Jesus Christ."

Sorry guys! Got held back but here's your 8th chapter! Shoutout to
@jmbln32
@keeper_007
@keren_orendain
@simbadogcat
@hbanana44
For saving my stories to their libraries!