Chapter 54

Nini
  "Hey mom," I say, walking into her room. "Sorry, I'm late. I uh..was busy."
  "Hey. Your fine." She looks around me. "No Ricky?"
  "No. Not today. I'm sure he'll come tomorrow." I bring a chair over. "Anyways, how are you?"
  "I'm good. Great. How about you?"
  "I'd say pretty well. What have you been doing?"
  I sit down and just nod.
"I've just been at East High. Y'know, helping the kids. They're amazing, you think your gonna go to the show?"
"I don't know. I'm sure they're going to be great but I don't know if me and your mom can make it."
"It's fine if you don't. It's not that important. I just think you'll be amazed by these kids. They're crazy good."
"Crazy good? Better than you guys?"
"I'd say so. Our show was a..disaster. I don't even know how I got that offer sometimes."
"I do," she says, grabbing my hand, "I just don't know why you didn't take it."
  "UCLA is the reason. They offered me and..you know. I wanted UCLA way before them."
  "Ugh but you're would've done so fucking well." I arch a brow at her words.
  "Swearing? Doesn't seem like very likely of Carol Roberts does it?"
  "I just think you should've taken the offer. But if your happy..then I'm happy. Well, I've been..stuck here. I can't really go anywhere."
"How long are you here for?"
"I-..I think. Maybe..a couple of months. My legs aren't working Nini. I don't think they're going to work for a while."
"Come on, don't say that. You'll be up and walking soon. I'm sure of it." I force a smile.
"I don't know about that, but it's always good to hope right?"
"Always. Plus, your the strongest woman I know. You'll be fine."
"Stronger than your mom?" She asks jokingly.
"Don't Tell her, but yeah. By far."
"Your not telling me that because I'm vulnerable are you?"
"What? Nope. Not at all. Not at all ma."
"Mhm."

Ricky
"No, I'm feeling..better." I tell the doctor who is standing at the side of the bed. "I just get a headache sometimes."
"Okay. That's normal. But I have noticed one thing. You've had a past. A past with malaria and a slight hearing disease. I think this could be the reason for your..problem."
"Yeah but I don't think malaria is the reason for me passing out."
"No but it's a factor. Mr. Bowen. Not a lot of people..live through malaria. There are always side effects that will effect your future. I'm going to offer a prescription. It's just something that will prevent something like this from happening."
"That makes..no sense what so ever. I take pills for something that has never happened before? Come on."
"This type is only taken once a week. Trust me, this passing out stuff? It will happen a lot more than you think. With what I'm prescribing, this will probably never happen again."
"I know how t- fine. I..as long as it helps. And this..the hearing thing..I was told it was generic. Right?"
"The type you had," she flips a paper, "yeah. It's genetic. I'm sure you'll be fine, alright?"
"Yeah. Sure."

Lachlan
  I sit at my desk, zoning out when I really should be going through my paperwork.
I just don't understand how. How Skye is pregnant. Well, I mean I know how, but it's just not Skye. Its not Skye at all, and the fact that my family is just so casual about it is just bull shit to me.
  "Woodson." A voice says behind me, cutting me out. "The hell are you doing?"
  "Sorry. Just zoned out. I-..do you need something Chief?"
  "Yeah. For you to fucking clear out your mailbox. It's full as hell."
  "What?" I scoff. "I cleared it out a couple of days ago."
  "Clearly you didn't. Go. Seriously, it's basically over filling."
I stand up and push past him. I open the door to the mailroom to see my mailbox overstuffed with yellow envelopes. It was flying out everywhere. I quickly grab all of the envelopes from my mailbox and the ground. They all have the same markings on the top right corner.
I struggle to open the door but I eventually get it and make my way back to my desk. I drop all the envelopes on my desk and sit down before grabbing one.
I sigh as I open it. I pull out a white outlined photograph. The first thing I read on the very top is "Stop Lying." It was in red marker like the last photo. And of course..the photo was Nini. A cut crossed her cheek, but there was no other visible bruise on her face like the very first photo.
I arch a brow before putting down the photo. I grab the next envelope and open it.
"To Yourself Lachlan." Was written on the top in the same marker and font. This photo was taken the same way, with the same cut but a different bruise along beside it.
Each and every photo had a new bruise or cut on her face and words on top. The next photo stated "We All Know." After that, "It Sucks That We" I open the next and next. "Had to Figure Out So Late." Then the next. "We Could've Done Something." I lay it out as I continue to open each envelope.

"Stop Lying"
"To Yourself Lachlan."
"We all Know."
"It sucks that we"
"Had to figure out so late."
"We could've done something."
I continue to open everything.
"To stop all of this."
"From happening."
"But in conclusion."
"You aren't safe."
"That's a threat."
"Because what you did to her."
"It's disgusting."
"And the fact that your"
"The one playing games"
"And these are"
"Your photos."
"That you took."
"Gives us a better"
"Reason to make your life."
"A living hell."
"One day."
"We'll see you."
"Behind bars."
"But until then."
"Play helpful and innocent."
"All you want."
"But we know."
"We know everything."

I throw all of the envelopes into my trash can and look at the photos.

"Well..I'll be damned." I tell myself quietly, rubbing the side of my face.

Next chapter is when I'll be releasing the description of the sequel. It'll be right at the end like how I always write my end notes. Anyways, new information...how do you guys feel about it?
Enjoy Your Day or Night!
Comment and Vote!
-CR❤️