Chapter 63

Ricky
I'm going to have a child. I..I need to process that. Like..now.
Skye is 7 months pregnant and it's going to be my child. Skye will be in jail so all of the..rights go to me and me only. I don't know why I'm doing this to be honest.
Nini's been out for 3 weeks and as much as I don't want to admit it...I really want her back. I wake up every morning in a hospital chair, hoping that maybe today is the day she'll wake up.
News flash..she hasn't woken up. Her moms have been visiting her but they have far more Hope than I have.
Everyone's already gone back to college or..wherever they live and they told me they would come back once she woke up. I uh...I don't know if they're coming back then.
I've talked to my mom and I've never heard her sound so calm. I don't think she can process the fact that her 19 year old son is going to have a child.

I clench my jaw as I pull up into EJ's place. He goes to school here so he's the guy I'm closest to this moment.
I'm positive everyone thinks I'm crazy right now and I'm at the point where I believe them. EJ has been checking up on me and there have been moments where he has recommended a therapist for me. I don't really think I need one but like....it would help to talk to someone.
I open the door as I wipe my shoes on the welcome mat. It wouldn't have necessarily done anything, but at least I'm doing it.
"EJ?" I question as I walk in. "You here?"
"Yup," he responds. I make way to the kitchen to see him sitting at the kitchen counter. "You alright?"
"I'm fine. Just changing. You?"
"Fuck work man. Wish I could go straight to broadway."
"I feel you." I head to my room. "Still gotta thank you man."
"Its all good." He answers. "Stay for as long as you want."
I unbutton my black shirt and exchange it for a dark blue one.

Flashback*
  "Uhm..7th day you've been in a coma." I begin, holding her hand as I lean on the bed. "It's been a week. Still waiting. I uh..I don't know what I'm going to do about UCLA but I'm not going to leave until you wake up. I think that's the only thing I can promise. Anyhow, um. I never really told you everything I wanted to tell you before this..shit show but clearly..I never got the chance."
  I slide over the chair and sit down, not letting go of her hand.
"Uhm Okay. I uh, I love you. That's how I'm going to start out even thought you can't hear me, but I love you. With all of my heart, top to bottom. I'd change my whole life for you...but I don't know if you would for me." What the hell am I doing? I don't know.
"Skye's pregnant. And I'm the father and I might just be able to keep the child. Knowing you..considering the fact that you have no time for me alone.. I don't think you want a family right now." I pause before scoffing. "Who the hell said that you'd stay with me, What is the matter with me? I-..anyway..I think I'm going to be a father. That is..of course if I convince Skye that I'm enough when I shouldn't even have to. Yeah my life's fucked up, but it's fine. I'll wait for you to fix it. Since..Y'know..you always find a way to do that. How do you do that..by the way? Like I sort of need to know so I can do that too. Maybe we could be equal for once or something. I could maybe..take the highs and you could take the lows. Or the other way around if you want, I'm cool with that."

I drop my head on the bed.
"God I'm losing my shit!" I let go of her hand to cup my face. "Wake up...please."

•••
  "Want to go out tonight?" EJ asks as I open the fridge. "My friend is opening a club tonight."
  "I-..a club? We aren't 21 yet." I take a bottle out of the fridge. "Hold on have you gone to a club before?"
"I'm not answering that, but are you down? Plus, this is a different club. 18 year olds and up. The most alcohol that there will be is probably just a corona lite or something. VIP passes."
  "Look..I uh...I don't know. Might head back to the hospital and j-"
  "You've been there for almost 3 weeks 24/7. Would it kill you to go out for once? It'll be fun dancing and jamming out to music."
"Fine. When?"
"It starts at 12."
I choke on my water from his words.
"12? AM?"
"Yup. 12." He continues typing on his computer.
"I don't even think I'll be awake at the time man jesus. T-that's late."
"Oh dude. If anything, that's early. You already agreed so no backing out now."
"Why is it so late?"
"It's a club. Just because Salt Lake isn't called the city that never sleeps, doesn't mean it isn't. You'll enjoy tonight."
"You mean tomorrow?"
"Call it whatever you want. We'll have fun either way."
"Hm. Yeah okay. Well, I'm still going to the hospital. I'll meet you back here around 11:45 or something, cool?"
"Cool."

"Hey Carol," I say as I open the door. "I got the..Hamilton CD's you wanted."
"Oh, great. Come in." She gives me a welcoming smile as I walk in. "I've always loved this musical. I got Nini into it as well."
"Really? She likes this musical?"
"2nd best to High School Musical. I've always said she would make an amazing Eliza. Have you ever listened before?"
"I-..no. Never."
She raises a brow before opening the first stack.
"Well," she says as she unwraps everything, "I think you'll enjoy this. A lot. If not, that's fine, but the first song of the musical is called Alexander Hamilton. You know who that is?"
"Of course. Treasurer."
"Yup. You know his life..Aaron Burr..Yorktown..Thomas Jefferson. You know that funny and famous quote?"
"There are approximately 1,010,300 words in the English Language, but I could never string enough words together to properly express how much I want to hit you with a chair. That's a classic isn't it?"
"How the hell do you know that but not listen to the musical?"
"I mean..I wasn't much a theater geek until your daughter made me."
"You did that to yourself darling."
"And it was the most worthwhile thing I'll probably ever do in my life heh." I scratch the back of my head.
"How about we listen to Hamilton..and talk about why your still here."
"What do you mean?"
"You really love Nini Huh?"
I look at her dead in her eyes.
"Yes. With all my heart."

I'm so sorry for making you guys wait almost a week for such a short and irrelevant chapter. I keep becoming demotivated and it's such a bad mix. I'm trying to write know that! Love y'all.
Enjoy your day or night!
C&V
-CR❤️

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Also got a banner😂

Also got a banner😂