Chapter 51

Nini
I watch the ambulance drive off. My hand still remains over my mouth. I could do nothing but..watch him go off unconscious.
A comforting hand rests on my back. I knew it was EJ. He had to talk to one of responders since I couldn't fill in what was happening. I was sobbing too much.
I push his hand away and go inside. I grab the trucks keys and head back out, catching EJ's attention.
"Where are you going?" He asks.
"Where do you think?" I say, wiping the tears off my face.
"You should let him rest. Visit him tomorrow or something."
"No. I'm going." I open the truck door. "I'll wait. I don't care."
"Nini, come on. Y-"
"I don't..care."
I close shut the truck door and start it up.

I'm done. I've never been so done with something. I don't understand why everything bad just goes after me. What the actual fuck have I done to deserve it? Hm, I know. Absolutely nothing.

I arrive at the hospital. I know exactly what floor he is on and everything, but I don't try annoying them doctors. I know what their doing.
I sit down in the waiting room.

Flashback*
I blink my eyes open. The room is dark and I have no clue where I am. Music rings in my ear. I slowly force myself up. The only thing I remember is EJ and Ricky..fighting? I don't know, but my head is..killing me.
  I look around to see a dark figure, staring right at me. He turns on the light, revealing himself. I had never seen this guy before.
"I- where am I?" I ask, rubbing my temple.
"Don't worry. Your fine." He moves closer, but I don't notice as I'm stuck trying to process everything. I haven't passed out like that before. Not for a while. "What's your name?"
"I um. Nini. What..I. Where's Ricky?" He sits down next to me.
"That's his name? Hm. Weird."
"What do you mean? You've seen him?"
"Sure. You can say that. He's a cool guy."
"I should probably go find him or som-" I stand up but he pulls me back down, my head spins.
"You should rest, don't you think?" He smirks. "Find him later."
"I- no. I'm just gonna go home. Thanks though."
"What's the rush? Seriously."
"None. I just need to get out of here."

His smirk quickly dissolves. I get up and go for the door.
  A hand quickly grips my arm, pulling me back. My body lands on the mattress, letting the guy go on the top of me.
  "Jesus, always leaving." He starts kissing my neck. I try pushing him off of me, but his body feels like a ton on mine.
  "Get off of me!" I shout, continuing to punch his chest. Eventually, my hand crosses his face, getting him to get off of me.
  A noise causes him to get up and open the door. He wipes his bleeding mouth.
"Bitch, just wait." He leaves the room.
I try catching my breath. I immediately try to run for the door, but the door wouldn't move. Something was blocking it and I knew exactly what.

***

  "Want some water?" A voice offers. I look to see Lachlan holding a bottle of water up. I smile and take the bottle from him.
  "Thanks." I take the cap off, "why are you here?"
  "Same reason you are. I heard about Ricky. Is he alright?"
"I wish I knew." I respond. He sits down next to me. "He is just..full of problems."
"We never know why sometimes huh?" He sighs. "Anyway. How you holding up?"
"I'm..managing. I just want to know what's going on."
"How long have you been here?"
"An hour. Somewhere around that I don't know. Wait, aren't you supposed to be at work?"
"It's my break." He nods. "And uh..do you know what happened to him? EJ said you were with him."
"Well um. He went to sleep and he didn't wake up. Nothing more..nothing less."
"Got it. You seem tired."
"I'm fine. I just need to make sure Ricky is."
I felt like I was being rude but.. I am just too bothered. I'm here for Ricky. Lachlan looks at me with worry in his eyes.
"You cold?" He questions.
"No. I'm fine, thank you."

It eventually turned quiet between us. He soon took the hint that I wanted to be alone and went to his car for a bit. He told me to go get him when Ricky is available to be seen. I don't really know if I'll do that.

Lachlan
It's been merely 3 hours since I arrived and Nini hasn't called me in yet. I
I get out of my car and make my way back into the entrance. I don't know why I'm still here to be honest.
  I go to the waiting room and look around to see no one but Nini, leaning on hand sleeping. I go to the front desk.
  "Ricky good?" I ask right away, hoping she'll know who I'm talking about.
  "Uh yes. Room 26." She gives me an assuring smile. I return it and walk to Nini.
I don't wake her up, but instead put my jacket over her. I'll wake her up once I finish talking to Ricky.
  I make my way to room 26 and knock on the door.
"Come in." His voice tells me.
I walk in and see Ricky laying on the bed on his side.
"Hey man.." I say, sitting on the white chair next to the bed.
"Lachlan. Hey."
"You don't seem well." I joke.
"I-" he chuckles. "Nope. Not well, but better."
"Mm. Gotcha."
"What are you doing here?"
"Just visiting a friend...along with some questions."
"Questions? What about?" He sits up.
"Skye." His eyes widen. "You know her from Chicago."
"I-I do."
"Then that means your know she's pregnant."
"And I already know I'm the father." He immediately frowns.
"With no say..."
"With no say..." he confirms.
I pause and look at the guy.
"Do you want..the child?" I ask, arms on knees.
"I don't.." he stops to think, "..know. I don't know."
"You do, don't you."
"I don't know. I..really don't. She just attacked me with it and then said she was just gonna give it away."
I raise a brow. I don't know wether to feel bad for him or not.
"Does Nini know about it?"
"Does Nini know about what?" I turn around and see Nini standing at the door way, holding my jacket.
"I- Nothing." He says, answering my questions.
I stand up as Nini offers my jacket back. I take it.
  "I'll leave you two alone."

How do you think this story is gonna go? Will Nini be happy about this if she finds out? Is Ricky even the father? If he is, what is he going to do? Is Ricky going to fight for his child? Will Nini think twice?
I lowkey need to know because I feel like sometimes I don't even know😂 (Jp yeah I do ;))

4 more chapters and I'll be releasing the story and plot on the sequel "Don't You Remember?" Which will answer a lot of your questions just from the information in the book. Of course, some questions will be also asked but it will be answered by the end of this book.

Enjoy Your Day or Night!
(Vote and Comment!)
-CR