Chapter 47

Nini
  "That's....quite the story." My mom begins, "wow. And you guys just stuck with it? You didn't go to the front office or something?"
   "Oh, we did." Ricky says, "we did. But then one of us would have to leave so..we just stuck with it."
   "And you 2 are..back together or?"
  Ricky looks at me.
  "I mean I gu-
  "We don't put a..name on it." I drink my water.
  "Yeah no. It's just..there." He forces a smile.
"Right. How long are you guys here for?"
  "Uhm. I don't know. It's up to Nini." He looks at me.
  "We're still..debating. It's fine though. I just want to be here when your out."
Ricky looks at his watch.
"Uhm. We need to go soon. Unless you want to stay here, I can pick you up later."
"I'm coming. I'll meet you down the hall."
He leaves, leaving just me and my mom.
"You two are just the cutest thing huh?" My mom says smiling.
"Real funny mom." I go up to her and hug her. "Love you."
"Love you too. Visit me tomorrow?"
"Of course."

"I see she hasn't changed huh?" Ricky begins, "still same old funny."
"Yup. Same person." I get into the truck. "Let's go to East High."
"Gotcha."
He starts driving, and once again, we're sitting in silence, until of course he decided to start talking again.
"We don't put a name on it?" He questions, "it's just..there?"
"No uhm. I just didn't want my mom to think that there is something going on between us." I fidget with my hands.
"But there is. Isn't there?"
"Yeah but I don't want her to know about it right now..since I just left for college a month ago.."
"Right. I don't blame."
"So..are we staying or are we leaving?" I ask.
"Up to you."
"I'm sure it's best for you to have a say in it."
"Nope. I don't care. Just..a guy and ex I haven't seen for a while are threatening to kill you."
"What!?"
"And you didn't know that..alright. Well. Shit."
I open my mouth to say something, but his phone rings, blocking me from doing so. He picks up the phone.
"Hey Lachlan. What's up," he begins. He stops talking, and listens to the phone. "Oh, that's..interesting. Uhm, sure I guess so? Where and when?" I wait impatiently. "I...yeah. No problem..and you want me to do what? Uhm. Sure yeah. I'll be there." He hangs up the phone.
"I'm going to ignore what you said earlier, but what did he want?" I ask, a hand holding my head up.
"I don't know. He wants me to go on a..blind date with some girl. He said that it was his sister and he just wants me to talk to her. He told me to..ask her why she came to Salt Lake but I don't know."
I look at him.
"I'm just going to pretend that's not weird..at all."
"Me too." He gulps. "I'm meeting her at Mario's tonight at 9. Don't know why I'm scared but..Jesus christ."
"You know her name?"
"Nope."
"Oh, my god."

Lachlan
"Okay Skye, listen to me. It's weird, but your single and my friend seems like a good match for you." I hold the phone up to my ear.
"I'm not looking to date someone right now. Especially someone I've never met."
"Please. I think you'll really like this guy. He uh..wants to meet you at 8 at Mario's."
"I might go out with Kant tonight Lachlan."
"Skye please." I hear her sigh.
"Fine. I'll meet with him."
"Yes. Alright, just meet him in the front at 8. Thanks."
I hang up before she can say another word.

   I arrive at work and take the stuff out of my mail box before going to sit down at my desk. I scuffle through the papers, but a large orange envelope stops me. I flip it around and look at the name. It just says my name and the address of the police station. I sigh before opening it.
  It was another photo. It was Ricky, sitting on the ground with Nini laying beside him on a mattress. I turn it around to the back.
  "Sometimes it's the people you least expect." Written on the back in red marker. I rub my head with one hand.
  "Give me a fucking break.." I whisper to myself quietly. I put the photo back into the envelope and lock it into my desk with the other photos.
  It doesn't make any sense. Either that is photoshopped or someone is lying to me. I don't know their past but it doesn't add up. Why would he lie to me when he's helping me with the case? That's his best friend and that's a girl way stronger than him. If she wanted to, I'm sure she could've beaten him up.
  Someone is setting him up and I need to know who. It can't be that Carlos guy and it can't be EJ. Though, he did date Nini. It takes me a second. My family comes the same time this case starts to close and won't tell me the reason.
  I get up and grab my keys once again and push my way out the door. I step outside and grab my phone and dial Kants number.
"Hey Lachy. What's with the call?" I can feel a smirk on the other side of the phone.
"What are you doing here?" I question immediately.
"What do you mean? I can't visit a brother?"
"That's the thing. You didn't visit me. Skye did. And you dip shits have been stirring up trouble in Chicago. That I know, but why are you guys here?"
"Please. Don't act like Skye didn't tell you already."
"No. She didn't! You guys come here right when an important case closes involving things that happened right before you guys left for Chicago. Tell me, why are you here?" Fog comes out of my mouth because of the cold.
"She actually didn't tell you?"
"No?"
"Wow. You could've at least figured it out by the looks of her."
"Can you fucking tell me? Why are you here!?"
"Skye's pregnant dip shit."

I keep writing short chapters and I'm sorry! Some of you guys figured out about Skye early on and I was genuinely impressed😂 still trying to write longer ones.
What do you think so far?

Enjoy Your Day or Night!

~CR