Chapter 57. PT.1

Ricky
  "Ready?" I ask Nini, fixing my tie.
  "Yup, just one thing." She goes over and starts undoing my tie.
  "W-What are you doing?"
  "You look better without the tie. It makes you looks like a dad. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but I just like you better this way."

Nini picked me up from the hospital 2 days ago and we've just been trying to pretend like we don't have problems. We've talked about my situation and I'm going to stop. I am and I promised her so..of course I am. It's the 2nd performance of High School Musical and I'm just..stoked.

"See? Plus," she undo's the top 2 buttons of my collar, "it's more comfortable that way. You can actually breathe."
"Real funny. Have I ever told you that you dress like a mom?"
"Um..no. You haven't..but d-"
"If I haven't said it, then that means I don't mean it. You dress beautifully."
  She rolls her eyes before grabbing the keys off of the counter. EJ walks into the kitchen.
"You guys clean up nice. I'll meet you guys there, I'm gonna go a bit earlier and help set everything up."
"Alright. See you."

Nini grabs my hand and puts the keys in it. She pulls herself up and sits on the counter and crosses her legs. I haven't seen her in a dress in a long time and she looks adorable as hell. It was just a short white dress but it just made her look so elegant.

"I'm so ready. You think the kids are ready?" I ask, fixing my sleeve.
"I've always wondered why we call them kids. They're only like 2-3 years younger than us."
"Makes us feel..old..mature? I don't know."

She doesn't answer but just grins at me. The sun hits the side of her face, just giving her an effect that will always kill me.

"If you were a girl, you'd be a really pretty one you know that?" She says, causing me to chuckle.

"I would?"

"Yes. You really would."

"O-okay." I put my hands under her arms and carry her off the counter. "Let's go. We got to meet with the Gina and the others."

"Your driving."

"I know."

"Hey you 2. Damn, looking well." Big Red comments. Everyone was at the booth behind him. The Park was where we decided to go for some private time with just the original cast.
"Thanks Red same with you," he leads us to the booth. Nini sits down next to Gina and I sit down next to Seb. "You guys excited?"
  "God they're going to be so good," Kourtney says, almost ecstatic. "Trust me, it's going to be one heck of a show."
  "I bet." Carlos says. "No EJ?"
  "He wanted to go to East High early and talk to Ms.Jenn. He's setting everything up." Gina takes a sip of her water. The others look at her as if she wasn't human. "What? He told me."
"I know other reasons.." Nini whispers in a giggle. Gina nudges her playfully while all of us just stare in confusion. "Nothing guys. Anyway, have you guys ordered?"

"Okay okay, I was..a little out of line on the night of our performance but come on. You gotta lay off me someday." I say, putting a French fry in my mouth.
"Nope. Not laying off you at all." Nini says grinning. "You were a..what's the word? God there's so many to use..hmm.."
"Bastard?" Gina adds in.
"Ah yes. You were a bastard. Thanks G."
It was nice talking like this, even if it was just insulting my past.
"I broke my skateboard that day. I honestly don't know who I was mad at. If I'm right, I'm pretty sure I was mad at myself."
"I would be too. I don't know why I didn't smack the shit out of you that night."
"Well, you didn't know the reason there."
"Wait what?" Red asks, "there was a reason?"
"I-..we'll talk about it later." I check my watch. "Show starts in 20. Let's go. The bill is 86. I'll pay."
"No it's fine. I'll pay," Nini takes out her purse.
"No I'll pay. Trust me, I got it." I take my debit card out of my wallet.
"Seriously, I got it Rick. Go start the truck."
"Really? Come on, I offered first."
"I need to pay for once. I swear I haven't paid for anything and it just doesn't seem fair."
"Just let me pay for this one. I-"
"I'll..pay for it." Carlos interrupts, putting a 100 dollar bill on the table. "You 2 are something else jesus"
I give an annoyed glare to Nini, who does the same. Everyone begins going their separate ways and into their cars. Carlos leaves with an eyebrow raised at us.
"I think we should shut up sometimes, don't you think?"
"For sure," I agree, holding a hand out. She reluctantly takes it.

"Everyone here?" I ask as I step into East High.
"Yeah. EJ said the performance was actually going to be held in the cafeteria this time. It makes more sense doesn't it?" Gina says, opening the cafe door.
"Hm." I hum, walking in.

It was seemingly empty. No chairs were out what so ever.
"I-..Gina are you sure?" I ask, looking around. "Maybe he messed up Cafe and Gym. I'm sure he has the capabilities of that."
"What? No, he called me. He said that's it's gonna be in the cafe so they can do the scenes better."
"Good acting Gina," EJ comes in out of no where. He walks down the stairs and to the center of cafe.
"I know right." She joins beside him, everyone else just stands where they are. "I'm sure your confused Ricky and Nini."
"I-..very.." Nini answers. "Where is everyone?"
"Gym. This seemed a bit personal so I felt it best to do it with just us." EJ responds.
"What are you guys talking about?" I look around to see Carlos, Seb, Kourtney, Red, and Ashlyn sitting on the tables. They know what's going on.
"We had to figure this out on our own," Seb says in a sad mood. "We were there that night."
"What are you guys going on about?" I hold Nini's hand.
"We know about Nini's rapist.." I look at Nini who was as shocked as I was. "And all I want to know is why. Why you didn't tell us and why. Why have you been working so close him."

No Comment🤫
PT 2..coming out soon.
Enjoy Your Day and Night!
Don't forget to Vote and Comment.
-CR❤️

(Ch short for reason)