Chapter 35

Ricky
I threw the fruit snacks at her without hesitation, causing laughter to come out of both of us. Yeah, we were wasting food but, it's fun. Fun that we don't always see.
  "So," I begin, "hows your sandwich?"
  "It's...good.." she says with a grin, causing me to throw at least 3 more fruit snacks at her.
  "Liar," she catches it and throws it back at me. "Hmpf. Hey so, you know I wasn't lying right?"
  "About what?"
  "About us staying here for the play. It's just a couple of extra days and we're lowkey luck to even be here. We weren't even allowed to sing during the break."
"Oh right. You weren't there."
"There for what?"
  She takes a bite out of her sandwich.
  "When you left, uhm," she puts down her sandwich and rubs her hands, getting rid of the crumbs, "we had the spring musical, which was Beauty and the Beast and she made us work like hell for that."
  "Damn really?"
  "Yup."
  "Who was who?"
  "Gina was uh Belle, and EJ was Beast. Kourtney, I think was that closet? Wait I think it was called like..madame garder something, oh and big red actually auditioned for something.
"Really?! What did he get?"
"He was chip. It was definitely a sight," she says with a laugh, "then Ashlyn was Mrs Potts, Carlos was Cogsworth and Seb was Lumiere."
  "Who was Gaston?"
"Remember the guy that played Ryan?"
  "Huh. Never saw him a Gaston."
  I eat a fruit snack.
  "How about you?" I ask.
  "What?"
  "Your role? Who were you?"
  "Oh. Feather duster. Honestly better than nothing."
  "Did you even go for Belle?"
  "Hell no. There was absolutely no way I could've gotten that part. EJ tried to convince me, but I just.." she sighs, "that probably wouldn't have worked out for me."
  And I know exactly why.
I grin and stand up.
  "What are you doing?" She questions.
  "Really? What would we always do after eating?"
  "Dance?"
  "Yup."
  "We're not done eating."
  "Yeah we are."
  "Uhm," she looks around, "we have no music."
   I take my phone out of my back pocket and put on some music.
  "Now?"
  She sighs and moves her head around.
"I-I don't know."
"What? It's just dancing?"
"I suck at it."
"The hundreds of times we danced says otherwise."
  She still hesitates
"Oh my lord woman," I take her arm and pull it up, but I guess I did it harder than I thought since she whimpered and flinched. I immediately let go of her arm. "Shit sorry. I didn't think I-"
"Uhm. No. No. Your fine." She stands up and brushes herself off. "Let's just...let's dance."
  She puts her hands around my neck and pulls closer to me. I put my hands around her waist but with reluctance. I don't want to hurt her.
  It was hard trying to get comfortable. I didn't know when she was going to go flinch, Yelp, scream. I never would. I got more comfortable when she laid her head on my shoulder and just moved with my body in sync. I was eager to just hold her tighter and kiss her, but we aren't there yet. I'm not sure if we ever were.
  "I'm down..." she says all of a sudden softly.
  "Hm?"
"Once we get our stuff back and leave Lachlan's place, we can stay for a bit longer."
  I grin softly, and rest my head on hers.
"I'm cool with that." I say.
  She lifts up her head, pushing mine off, and just stares at me for the longest time.
  "What?" I snort. "Is there something on my face?"
  She smiles and just kisses me. I feel like no matter how many times she will kiss me, it'll feel like the first time over and over again. I don't hesitate and I hold her tighter and pull her against me, but the weight I pushed, pushes me back and the next thing I know, her back is against the closet wall and things are falling off the shelf. As the things fall, I can't help but laugh. It was literally raining toilet paper.
  I return my lips to hers, but I don't make a move. I don't go for her jacket, I don't go for her neck, I don't go for anything but her lips. I know my boundaries and with a girl like Nini, I'll be waiting a long time, but I can wait for as long as I need to. Unexpectedly, Nini goes for my jacket, causing chills to somehow manage go down my spine, even though she just took off my jean jacket. I still don't make a move. I guess...I'm nervous?
  "Holy shit!" A voice shouts, causing me and Nini to stop abruptly. The door shuts and from the chitter chatter coming from the outside, I knew it was more than one person.
  I look at Nini before letting her go.
  "Uhm. Who is it?!" I shout. I sigh and open the door, revealing Gina, EJ, Big Red, Ashlyn, Carlos, and Seb. Gina and EJ holding brooms in their hands.
  "What the fuc-..." I say quietly.
"Uhm. We thought there was like an intruder or a murderer in the closet..." Gina says, putting down her broom. "Turns out it was you two."
"And all of you guys saw us?..." Nini asks.
"Uhm, no. Only Gina had the guts to go in, but we all sort of watched a couple of feet away. And I'm pretty sure we can make out what you guys were doing. No pun intended." Ashlyn replies, a grin across her face.
  "O-okay then. Let's just..head to the rehearsal room. Unless you two wanna keep d-"
  "No. No. Let's just..go.." I say, interrupting Carlos.
  I make eye contact with EJ, he didn't seem phased, but no one really was.

Lachlan
  Okay I'm not an idiot, but I'm starting to get wary about Ricky. He gets released from a missing photo, then a new photo comes in. He wouldn't send in more evidence of himself unless he wants to, and yet, he seemed so mad and worried on how he got out. I shuffle the pieces of paper around my desk and stare. Just stare. Evidence here, evidence there, evidence everywhere. Except no evidence on where this evidence came from.
   "Woodson," I hear a voice call, "how's it going. You have patrol duty soon Y'know."
  It was the captain and I was this close to loosing my mind right then and there. I clear my throat.
  "Yes. Yes Captain. I know." I spin my chair around. "And I'll be on duty in 5. I'd deeply appreciate it if you'll leave me alone until then."
  I hate the captain. More than the Chief, but I don't have much of a say in these situations
  "Alrighty. Don't be late."
How the fuck would I even be?
  "Of course..cap." I force a smile.
He leaves, letting me curse under my breath. I shuffle the papers around more and just get frustrated. So frustrated to the point where I slammed my fists on the desk, causing the papers and photos fo fly everywhere. I drop my head in the desk before going down and picking them up.
  The photo was flipped upside down, but the writing on the back caught my attention.
Carlos Rodriguez. 73629 4th street.
  The Fuck?"

I'm still trying! Sorry these chapters are only 1000 words or so. School is pure hell!
Enjoy your day or night!