Chapter 46

Nini
   "Wake up Ricky." I shake him without care. "It's 1 and I've been up since 8."
  "Jesus. You could've woken me up earlier." He blinks his eyes open.
  "If I did, you wouldn't have gotten up until now. EJ left the house already. I helped him make breakfast."
  "Okay. Okay. Let me get up alright?"
  I get off of him as I was literally sitting on him.
   "We need to visit my mom today. Please," I say, "we've been saying that we would visit her but we never did. So once you eat, I'll drive to the hospital."
   "Yup. Got it."

"Glasses?.." I question the figure, wearing gold framed glasses.
"I um. I wear contacts actually. Just over the time, my eyes have worn out weirdly." He opens the front door.
"Huh...." I hum. "Gotcha.."

"Do you know what hospital it is?" He asks.
"Salt Lake Regional Medical Center. We'll be there in maybe 30 minutes."

It was a comfortable silence between us for maybe 5 minutes.

"You alright?" Ricky asks out of the blue.
"What?"
"Are you alright?"
"Why wouldn't I be?"
"I don't know. You seem almost...distraught?"
  "Distraught?"
  "Yup."
   "Well I'm not."
   "Okay. That's good. Oh and I think..we can leave."
   "What are you talking about?"
   "We can leave Salt Lake. Go back to UCLA and pretend this never happened."
   "No. It's fine. We can stay for the performance."
   "What? What happened to the 'We're in danger' stuff?"
  I look at him before putting my eyes back on the road.
   "Are we in danger right now?" I ask.
   "I mean. We're on the road and basically anywhere can be dangerous."
   "Ricky. Are we in danger right now?"
   "No," he sighs.
   "Do you think we'll be in danger at the performance?"
   "No?"
   "Then we're staying."
  "Yeah. K. T-that's fine."
   I look at him.
    "Unless you want to go back, of course. Uhm, not everything has to go by me."
"Yeah no. It was up to you, I didn't really care."
"No?" I question.
"Nah."
"You seemed really..wanting about staying for the performance. What made you change your mind?" I hold the steering wheel still as we travel the free way.
"Your opinion. You just..you didn't seem happy last night."
   "I was just tired. I'm fine staying."
   "Yeah no. We can stay."

Lachlan
   "Morning. You awake already?" Skye questions.
   "I have work Skye. Oh, what are you doing today? Just..touring or something?" I put down my phone.
  "Probably gonna go back to Mom and Dad. Check up on them and what not. Why?"
  "Nothing. Just wanted to make sure you were safe."
  "Mm. Right. Well, I'm gonna go. Your pasta was great by the way, thanks." I get up and grab my coat before leaving.

  Overnight, I've...sort of made a plan. I know Skye is here for a reason, good or bad, I want to know. I also know Skye is single. Skye is the type of person to literally fall for any guy, and my man Ricky could help. Of course, I know he's probably with Ricky, but it won't be real. I'll set a blind date for the two, and we'll see how it goes.

Flashback*
"Skye, you need to go. I'm serious." I pull away from the hug. "I'll call you. Just stay with Mom and Dad and you'll be fine."
"I don't want to go Lachlan. I should have a say on where I live." She wipes the tears from her face.
"It's unfair, I know. I can't do anything about it though. You'll like it there. I know you will."
"Then come. Please. I need you there." She looks back at Kant, Mom, and Dad, who have been waiting for her in line.
  "I can't. But you need to go okay? I love you." I hug her one last time.
   She nods one last time before turning around.

  "I graduated the academy. Crazy right?" I prop my phone up as I FaceTime Skye.
  "Not crazy at all. I knew you could do it."
  "Funny. Anyway, how's senior year? Your all grown up now."
  "Lachlan. THAT is funny. But it's...interesting. Mom and dad have been letting me stay home a lot. Senior year doesn't really matter."
   "I still want you to try though. What college you going to?" I sit down in front of the camera.
   "I'm going to Chicago University. I'm kind of excited."
  "Yeah? That's great. Major?"
  "Political Science and Engineering. Like I told you."
  "I forget sometimes. Can you blame me? Anyways, how Kant?"
  "He's Kant. He got a girlfriend and he's just stuck with her 24/7. We don't get to hang out anymore."
  "Oh sucks huh? What about you?"
"What do you mean?"
"Any..lovers?" I question.
"Uh uh. I'm not talking about this with you."
"Oh, so there is one?"
She shakes her head as she hangs up.
I startle a laugh.

***

I continue to drive around the city, patrolling. Nothing has been suspicious lately...except my family obviously.

Ricky
  "Hey Mom," Nini says, walking into the hospital room. "You feeling good?"
"Nini? What are you doing here?" Carol sits up. "Darling I didn't know you were coming."
"Yeah no. It's thanksgiving break...and when I heard you got into an accident..I didn't really know what I was going to do."
I walk and stand beside Nini, catching Carols attention.
"Ricky?"
"Yeah," I say with a smile.
"Wow, I haven't seen you in a while. H-how have you been?"
"It's been...interesting. I didn't expect to see your daughter when I applied to college but...I'm not mad. How are you? I hope you get better soon." I look at Nini, who's grinning.
"Yeah no. I'm here. I'm better. I can't really go anywhere, but the doctor said I'll be out and about soon. Just he doesn't know when." She looks at Nini. "You alright Nini?"
"Yeah, I'm fine. I just don't like seeing you like this. That's all." She sits on the bed  sighing."So, you've been feeling better?"
   "Of course. Yeah. I just want to know though. How'd did.." she points at both of us, "this happen?"
    "It's a long story mom."
   "Does it look like I can go anywhere."

Another short chapter😂 I need to keep this up. Also, since this is a quarantine break, I started another book. Don't worry, I'm writing both books and I'm managing the books just fine. I recommend reading the first chapter. It does have Olivia Rodrigo and Joshua Bassett as one of the main characters. Trust me I'm writing both books great!

   The Ring Academy of 5 (The Cover is Rocky I know)The cover will look different on the book because of the uncontrollable crop

The cover will look different on the book because of the uncontrollable crop. This is what the original looks like.

Enjoy Your Day or Night!

-CR