Chapter 14

Ricky
   Getting ready, I didn't expect it to be so quiet. I understand the situation that ended up happening yesterday but it was too quiet for comfort. I open the bathroom door, revealing Nini, who was sitting on her bed zoned out.
"You ready?" I ask quietly, walking towards her. "We don't have to go if you don't want t-"
"I want to Ricky," she responds quickly, looking up at me. "An...and if you keep asking me, I'm probably not going to want to go and I need to go."
Her voice was broken. She is broken and I genuinely don't know how to support her.
"I-...right lets go.." I respond quietly, grabbing my suitcase and keys.

AIRPORT

"Are you not cold?" Nini asks, looking at me as if I have 2 heads.
"No?" I reply, sitting up from the airport chair. "You probably shouldn't have worn shorts at like 3 in the morning."
"It's California. It gets to 80 degrees around 5 so can you blame me?"
"We're going to Utah Nini. It's going to drop 80 degrees around 6 AM so which one do you prefer?" I say, slowly taking off my suit coat.
I place the grey coat onto her crossed over legs before fixing my tie that I had accidentally messed up earlier getting ready.
She gives me a blank stare but doesn't say anything except go back on her phone.
"Do you w-" My phone stops me from continuing the question.
I take out my phone and see EJ's name pop up on the top of my phone.
"Sorry. I'm going to take this." I say, getting up from my chair.

"Hello?" I ask, putting the phone up to my ear.
"Hey man. Are you on the plane already?"

Me and EJ have been talking a bit more on phone lately after I told him that I was heading to Utah. We've been talking maybe 3 times a week.

"Nah not yet. What are you doing up so early?"
"I um. I normally wake up around this time and I just wanted to check in.." he replies suspiciously.
"Oh alright. Well I'll text you when I'm in the plane."
"Oh okay. See you later."
"See you."

I hung up quickly and made my way back to Nini before sitting back down.
"Who was that?" She asks, adjusting the coat on her legs.
"No one. Just a friend." I responds with a smile.
She gives me a suspicious look before returning her eyes once again towards the bright metal screen.

Getting off the plane, I decide to take Ninis luggage out of her hand considering that it was somehow lighter than mine.
Just getting off the plane was cold. Extremely cold. I turn to Nini, who was shaking like crazy, even with my suit jacket on.
"You alright?" I ask, trying to hold my sneer. "I told you it was cold."
"Yeah," she replies, "no need to tell me again."
We find our way out of the airport that merely made me tear up considering how long it had been since I've seen this place.
"Our BnB's are next to each other right?" She asks, holding her hand up for a taxi.
"I think...so?" I respond, taking out my phone to check. "Yup. The place is right next to East High. Lucky us."
She looks back at me before realizing a taxi had pulled up.
"Hello!" The man shouts as we enter the yellow mobile. "Where to today?"
"Oh can you drop us off at Dans auto rentals," Nini says.

As we were patiently waiting in the back, Nini and I would text each other even though we were so close. We tried avoiding conversation overall, until the man began speaking.
"So. Where'd you guys just come from."
"Uhm, Los Angelos," I reply awkwardly.
"Ah. Los Angelos....fucking hate that place.....rich people...rich children..." he explains, giving me a dirty look from the rear view mirror.
"W-we're not originally from LA," Nini says in defense. "We're from here. Salt Lake City."
His face goes back to his regular demeanor, showing that his opinion on Californians are quite rare.
"That's good to hear. Why did you go to Los Angelos in the first place?"
"University. We go to UCLA." Nini replies faking a smile.
"What's wrong with the schools here?" He asks, giving Nini a look this time.
God damn, what's wrong with this guy?!
"Uh nothing! Nothing. I just. I've been wanting to go to UCLA for a long t-"
"But why UCLA?" He cuts in, annoying the living day lights out of me. "I mean universities like Neumont and Westminster are great places to go. Like the nursing programs are great and I went to Neumont for my years and man oh man was it great!"
The man wouldn't stop talking. All I wanted to necessarily do is just punch him and leave him no tip.
"ANnd um this is our stop." I say abruptly, stoping his rant. "Uh how much will it be?"
"15 if you please."
I take out my wallet but Nini was already one step ahead of me, placing a 20 into his cup holder.
"Keep the change," she says, opening the door and making her way out.

I sigh before making my way out as well, soon heading to the trunk to grab our luggage.
"I could've paid for that." I say, grabbing our suitcases out of the weakened yellow vehicle.
"I know. What fun would it be though to let you pay for something a woman should pay for?" She respond with a teasing smile.
"A girl should pay for?" I ask, pulling both luggage's.
"No. A woman should pay for. Well, we should pay for anything we want or desire but with that situation, the woman pays for it."
It sounded as if she was saying the woman of the relationship should pay for it. I mean, I'm not arguing.
"Alright..whatever you say Ma'am." I tease.

"Hi," Nini begins, placing her elbow on the counter of the small building. "Can we rent a car?"
"Well thats why your here isn't it?" The woman jokes. "What are you looking for?"
"Uhm probably maybe $70-150 a day."
"Oh okay. Well we have a couple of Toyota's if your interested. Along with some Jeeps...let's see what else.."
"Take your time. My friend and I are just visiting and so on." Nini says in hope for conversation.
"That's great to hear! Why are you visiting?" The woman asks, continuing to scroll down the monitor like screen on the counter.
"Uh. Just a play that we once starred in. Just..bringing back old memories."
"Sounds fun. Alright so we have some sedans, convertibles...vans.. oh and we just released an amazing, smooth n-"
"Do you possibly have any trucks?" I interrupt out of no where, causing Nini to give me a concerning stare. "What? I've always wanted to drive one?"
"Yes of course. We have Rams, the new Jeep truck..oh and the 4.8-"
"Rams!..." I shout, placing a hand on the counter. It took me a second to apprehend what I just did. "Sorry. Can we check out the Rams?"

I toss the keys up and down as Nini and I begin walking towards the grey truck.
"So..." she begins quietly, "I see you wanted a truck.."
"Yeah..just a bit. I've been obsessed with them since I was 5 when my mom took me to a monster truck show."
"Uhm. If it's a monster truck show then....I- never mind. But your mom?" She asks, "why would she take you?"
"M-...my dad wasn't around. He was at work at the time so my mom..she took interest and I guess just went with me." I lie, setting the suitcase in the back on the truck.
"Oh...alright." She responses quietly as she closes the truck door.

I get in the truck before struggling to find out where the key goes.
"Do you need h-"
"No," I grunt, still looking around the entire frame of the wheel.
"Are you sure?" She asks, turning her head.
"Yup let me just.."

This had went on for 5 minutes.
"Ricky just do t-"
"Nini I got it!" I shout once again.
"Ricky...Just Fucking do t-"
I kept ignoring her, wanting to find a way myself to start up the car I've been wanting to drive for merely 15 years.
I struggle once again before Nini, herself, reaches over me and clicks a button I hadn't even known was there. The truck shakes and lights up in response.
"Just...click..the..button." She says quietly and slowly.
I give a surprised look before returning myself to my normal demeanor.
"Right..um. Should we go or.."
"Just go.." she says frustrated.

So this chapter took a bit longer than I anticipated. Hope you enjoyed!
Shoutout to
@grapk2040
@MJJG21
For saving my story into their Libraries.

Warning
Starting from now on, more bad words are going to be used more since this storyline is sort of...well basically it's TV-14 or TV-17 for some. But it's just a warning for all the young ones out there.

Also shoutout to the hundreds waiting for my story! For those who comment and those who click the stars. I'm so god damn thankful for you guys!
I'm also sorry if I use words like "Jesus Christ" or "God" for those who are religious.

ALRIGHT ENJOY YOUR DAY OR NIGHT!