Chapter 62

Ricky
  I managed to drive to EJ's place to freshen up and shower. I've been wondering this whole time. What could I have done to save her? Honestly..I don't think I could've done anything and I really need to realize that.
I've been sat at the hospital since I don't have anything better to do. We were supposed to leave in 2 days and in that time, we were going to have Thanksgiving dinner and just enjoy the time at Salt Lake, but that's not going to happen any time soon.
I've canceled the flight because well... I don't know when or even if Nini will wake up any time soon. I-..she'll wake up. I know she will. Of course she'll wake up....I don't fucking know anymore.
I have so many fucking problems and I don't even know what to do. I know I should probably go out and do something productive but what is productive without her? I'm alone in my hometown not knowing what to do. I think I've said I don't know way too many times.
I've already talked to Nini's mom and..it's like she knows everything will be fine. She's so calm about it and I could literally do nothing but just apologize for putting her daughter in such a fucked up situation. She will probably be the strongest woman I'll ever know.

A knock on the hospital door causes me to jump.
The door opens and Big Reds face peeps in, causing a smile to form on my face.
"Hey man.." I say, getting up. Everyone joins in behind him. "H-how uh. How are you guys?"
"We're fine." Red states with a grin. "You?"
"To be honest," I look at Nini, "I'm not sure."
"And that's okay," Kourtney says, "it's hard to process things right now."
"I-..yeah. I guess so." I for some reason really enjoyed them coming.
I sit down as they go to Nini's other side of bed. They place a vase on her side table.
"So what's your plan?" Seb asks, "stay in the hospital till she wakes up?"
"That's all I can do. I'm not going to leave Salt Lake without her."
"Ricky, you should head back to EJ's place and find something else to do. You don't know how long you'll be here for."
"I uh...I don't know what to do. What could I do to take my mind off of this?"
"Nothing, but staying here is just going to make it worse. Plus," Seb looks at everyone, "we have some questions for you."
I raise a brow.

Seb Matthew Smith
  We all shuffle into a booth at The Park. I hold Carlos's hand as he shuffles closer to me.
Ricky's face wasn't readable, but just emotionless.
"You Good there Ricky?" EJ asks.
"Mhm. Just..what are your questions?" He crosses his arms in tiredness.
We all wait for the other to ask, but the table stays quiet. It was an awkward silence.
"Hello?" Ricky questions. "What's the question?"
I look at Carlos who eventually gives in.
"That girl. The girl who held the gun up to that..Kant guy's head? Who is she?"
"Oh I-.." he pauses and looks around the table. "When I was in Chicago, I Met Kant and that..girl...her name is Skye. And long story short, I got her pregnant."
Gina chokes on her water. He said it without much care. It made him look and sound like a psychopath.
"What?" I ask. "That girl who went to jail, is pregnant? With your child?"
He nods as he leans back into the corner.
"Does Nini know?"
"No. I couldn't tell her and now I'm almost positive I won't be able to."
"Have some faith will you?" Carlos says with annoyance in his voice. "She'll wake up and she will be fine."
The table went silent for another 2 minutes before Gina finally asked what we've been wondering.
"Are you..going to keep the child?"
"What? No. Skye had already made the decision to give it up for adoption without any care."
"Well she's in jail now. Don't you think she'll let you keep the child?"
"I'm a freshman in college Gina. What the hell makes you think I can support a child alone?"
"Nini's with you. I'm with you, we all are. You'd be an amazing father Ricky."
"Nini doesn't want to be a mother. She hardly has time for me and I'm her fucking roommate for gods sakes."
He zones out for a second, looking as if he is thinking deeply about something.
"You didn't ask her, how would you know?"
"I-..common sense I guess. I know her and stuck with a boyfriend who has a child just..isn't on anyone's list."
"If you know her, then you'd know she'll do anything for someone she loves." Gina says with a concerned look.
"Who said she loves me? Not her." He says it blandly. He's clearly stripped of his emotions.
"Im sure she wouldn't sleep with someone she doesn't love." He scoffs.
"I'm not going to be a parent right now. Got it?"
"I don't want you to make decisions you'll regret."
"I uh..I won't."

3 Weeks Later

"What are you going to do about UCLA Ricky?" I ask.
"The office already understood me and Nini's situation. I'm doing online school right now." He continues to scroll through his phone. He spends most of his day in the hospital, fixing Nini's pillow or positioning her into a more comfortable way. He's only gone to EJ's place to change and freshen up.
"What are you doing here Seb. You have college too."
"Checking up on a friend. That's it."
"Without Carlos?"
"I'm sure I can deal a day or 2 without him."
"I-..yeah okay."
I raise a brow. He sighs before getting up.
"Where are you going?"
"Somewhere."

Ricky
I sit down and put the phone up to my ear. I tap my fingers on the desk as I wait.
The only real thing I've learned from Nini, is that time is worth more than money. I want Nini but I want other things too. I don't know why I do things sometimes and I think..I need to own up to it.
  "Hey," I say as she picks up the phone. "I thought you were gonna come."
"Oh shut up."
"Made up your mind?"
"I-...just." She looks at me through the plain glass separating us. "Are you sure you want to sign up for this?"
"As long as you let me sign up?...then yeah. I want this Skye."
Genuine concern was showing through her eyes but I knew she gave in.
"I trust you Ricky."
"I know."
"You know?"
"Yeah..I do."
"Then fine. I won't give the baby up for adoption."
A small grin spreads the corners of my lips.
"Thank you.." I say softly.

Sorry again😂 This time I actually have an excuse and that would be school. Anyways, this chapter was quite fast paced but that's because, we need to get chopping here heh.
Enjoy Your Day or Night!
V&C
-CR❤️