Chapter 19

Nini
"You don't have to help me," Ricky says as I begin to take things out of the brown bags.
"No it's fine. I don't have much to do right now." I respond, smiling.
"No. I'll make the breakfast today. You can make it tomorrow if you'd like." He insists, taking the items out of my hand.
"Or.." I say, taking the carton of milk out from his hands and into mine once again, "we can make it together. It'll be more fair that way."
"I'm serious. Go explore the house or something while I make food."
"I'm not a child Ricky. I can help you make food." I say with an annoyed laughing manor.
"Just this once Nini. Please?"
I give him a frustrated sigh before dropping the carton of milk onto the table.

With the thought that I could do whatever, I immediately take my chance to take a shower.
I close the bathroom door before removing my clothes and turning on the water. I was shocked when I found out that the shower makes absolutely NO sound what so ever. For some reason I liked it that way, allowing me to enter with much ease.

Halfway into my shower, I heard the door open, immediately catching my attention. Holy shit is this an intruder? Where's Ricky? Did they kill Ricky? Fuck are they going to kill me?
These were my thoughts for some reason. I quickly wash out the remaining shampoo from my hair with much discomfort.

It wasn't until the shower curtains pull back, revealing Ricky into my sight.
  "RICKY!" I shout in extreme discomfort.
  "SHIT SORRY!" He shouts back, turning away as I pull back the curtain. "I-I didn't know you were in here!"
  "Why are PULLING BACK THE CURTAINS your first initial thought as you enter a bathroom?!" I yell, making sure the curtains were closed correctly.
   "I- I DONT KNOW? Look I'll just leave. Let's just pretend I didn't see anything." He replies, turning back slowly.
  "YOU SAW SOMETHING?"
  "Yeah," he says in a laughing manor, causing my eyes to widen "...wait NO! NO NO I DID NOT SEE ANYTHING. LOOK IMA JUST GO.."
  His footsteps trail out and soon I hear the bathroom door close.

  I try to process what just happened through my skull but I couldn't. I did not want to leave the shower at this point.

   When I came out of the shower, I went into my room and began looking for some clothes. I was wrapped in only a towel. I made sure to lock the door behind me this time, reality wise, I sort of tried to avoid Ricky overall.
I get myself sorted and changed when a knock on the door takes me to a halt. I take a rather large sigh before putting down the brush and heading to my door.
"Yes?" I say as I open the door.
"Uhm. Foods ready.." Ricky responds awkwardly, giving a smirk.
"Okay? I'll be out there in a second."
I close the door before I could hear him say another word. I head to my dresser and grab a hair tie, but a piece of white, torn paper caught my eye.
My head escalates but I soon pick the piece of paper up and begin reading through the long message. Anger and relief rose in me quickly.

Ricky
I place the two plates on the table and look at the accomplished meal. It didn't take long but it was weird having someone to cook for and not just for myself.
"Ricky!" I hear Nini shout as her footsteps begin echoing off the walls.
What is this girl mad about now?!
"Yes?!" I shout back, sitting down
"Did you write this?" She asks, coming into view.
"Yeah? I don't know why EJ wanted to see you but when the guy came over, you were already asleep. Did you go?"
"RICKY! If...I...Was...sleeping. DO YOU THINK IM GOING TO WAKE UP AT 8 JUST TO READ A NOTE I DIDN'T KNOW WAS THERE?" She yells, looking at me like I have 2 heads.
"I...You know thinking about it now..." I respond dumbfounded. "Look, just talk to him today when we go to East High. It's not that big of a deal."
"I haven't talked to him for a while now Ricky.." she responds, walking towards me.
"It doesn't matter? I haven't talked to big red for a long time and we're cool. There won't be a difference with you two." I say calmly, taking a bite of the scrambled eggs.
"We dated after you left.." she admits, causing me to merely choke. "It's not that easy."
I didn't expect to hear that. I can't possibly show any emotion after hearing that sentence.
"I-..so? We dated. We're fine now right?" I respond, trying to ignore the sentence beforehand. "Plus, if your struggling to even talk to him now, why would you care if I didn't actually tell you? It's not like you were going to go anyways, were you?"
  "No? But I-"
"Then you have no reason to be mad at me. Now just come and eat." I say, smiling.
   She takes a long sigh before sitting down across from me as if we were an old, unhappy couple; obviously keeping me a bit uneasy. She takes a couple of bites, causing the next question to come out of my mouth.
  "Is it good?"
"Yeah. Thanks..." she responds normally, not with any anger or discomfort in her voice. "Could've added more salt, but it's pretty good."
  With the sentence, a realization causes me to stand up and dash to the kitchen. I come back with a bottle of soy sauce in my hand.
  "What are yo-?"
  I immediately dump the bottle upside down, causing 20 drops to pour out with ease.
  "I've never had soy sauce before...that's...that's way to much..."
  I laugh at her stupid comment before grabbing the fork out of her hands and begin mixing her eggs as if she was a young child.
  "There. Try it now." I say, holding the fork out for her to take.
  She gives me a weird look before taking the fork out of my hand. She takes a very small piece of the egg onto the fork, causing me to mentally go crazy.
  "You can take more than that.." I tease quietly.
  With my comment, she rolls her eyes and takes more before putting it in her mouth.
  "Good?" I ask, walking back to my chair.
    I didn't get a response, except a odd stare.
"It's soy sauce... it can't be that bad.."
   "Who said it was bad?" She admits, causing a smile to stretch across my face. "Now, can we talk about this guy that came to our door?"

Merry Christmas!!
I hope you have the merriest of Christmases! Sorry I had to skip Eve. I wanted you guys to wake up to something on the big day!

Shoutout to:
@Rubyrosas1
@LillianK-B
@ishippayvani
&
Everyone else who reads my book(s)!
I really hope you guys enjoy your Christmas!

(Also. The 20th chapter will be 2000-2500 words long or maybe even longer. It will most likely be a 3-7 day process, and I'm sorry for making you guys wait so long. I just want the 20th to be the special!)

This Chapter is exactly 1238 words long by the way.