Chapter 83. Love

Nini
I hold his hand in mine as I cuddle next to him. I nuzzle my head into the crook of neck and just rest there.

"I love you," he says, kissing my forehead. It is so refreshing hearing him say something that he couldn't say before. It just reminds me of the process we had to get to each other.

"I love you too. We didn't really do what we were supposed to do tonight did we?"

"Well, ended the night with the same intentions though." He smirks.

I hit his bare chest, causing him to chuckle a little bit.

"I'm joking. We do whatever you want love. If anything I feel as if I'm too oblivious to notice any of your minor signals."

"Most them aren't as minor as you think. You're just straight up dumb." I grin.

"Oh, so we're insulting each other now?"

"If you'd like. I have a large list just ready to be said in an argument."

He tsks, sitting up and grabbing both my arms before I can even react and pins me down.

"Say them. Go on, I kinda want to hear it."

Not bothered by his try of dominance, I raise a brow.

"Sure." I say slightly sarcastically, "you're clueless. You have absolutely no sense of direction and you're also a horrible liar. Anything you quote on quote haven't told me about, I probably already know."

His face drops, but he still forces the corner of his lips to pull each end to his face.

"Is that all?" He asks, an eyebrow also raised.

"Not even close." I whisper, pulling my head up to meet his eyes. He keeps my hands pinned above my head. "But that's because I don't think you would like to hear it."

He tightens his grip around my wrists, but I don't react. His arms had goosebumps, telling me that I had an effect on him. Not sure how, I meet my lips with his softly. It was a light kiss, as it was meant to do nothing but lure him on.

As I begun to pull away, he quickly let go of one of my arms and used his free hand to pull me back to him by the back of my neck. He quickly used his other hand to grab both of my arms.

He doesn't kiss me, but just keeps his hand on the back of my neck and our foreheads together. My throat makes an involuntarily noise, making me concerned because I wasn't in anyway shape or form nervous or scared.

"I'm sure I can get it out of you one way or another." He slightly grins. "Round 2 never hurts does it?"

"Depends." I state sternly. "What are you planning to do?"

Flash forward*
I drop all of my luggage into the UCLA dorm I thought I'd be happy to see after months but..I wasn't. I was mad. Pissed, even.

I close the door behind me and look at my phone. The moment I got off the plane, I tried to call him tens of thousands of times but after about the 500th time, I was fully blocked. It made me feel pathetic and clingy but..it just doesn't make sense. It never will.

I look down at my stuff and notice a green duffle bag. It was the bag that Ricky had brought and the bag that I stupidly believed was the only bag he brought.

I reluctantly pick it up and sit down. It had some weight in it and it was making me wonder what was in it.

I unzip it and slowly, the same lantern that was sitting on my desk appears in the bag. It  was the exact same lantern but with a different lighting inside. It was a blue lighting, the one that Ricky was looking at when he saw me eyeing the other one.

A yellow sticky note lays in the center, stating nothing but,

"How lucky I am to have something that makes goodbye hard, but I won't say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting. But..maybe that might be for the best. -Ricky"

***

Lachlan
A bit pathetic isn't it? Burning down some sort of shitty house that didn't give too much anyway? So what? I'm out of the hell hole but my siblings aren't and my parents don't seem to have much care.

Jail isn't a safe place for Skye and the baby. You'd think they would have some common sense but it seems as if because they're adults, that they don't need support from their parents.

I put the my hat on and enter the County Jail. I know that they'll recognize me but I feel safer like this.

"I'm here for a meeting with Kant Woodson." I state as I head to the rusty desk. "I have personal authority to visit him here."

The man raises a brow but quickly reconciles and shuffles through some papers.

"What's your name?" He asks.

"Lachlan Woodson." He looks up at me, but I quickly answer his questions. "Yes. I just got out."

He tries not to scoff as he leads me to a different room. I don't care if he hates me or not, he can't lay a hand on me. If anything I could take him down without any care if I go into jail or not because it'd all be worth it.

He sits me down at a grey metal table and gives me an annoyed look before saying, "No Contact. Your conversation is being recorded."

"It's not like I wanted to touch the bastard anyway."

Hey, so I'd like to address the Joshua Bassett allegations. I'm writing characters, not people so please keep that in mind. The decision of taking a break because of the such has crossed my mind but never will I ever take a break because of things like that.
Sexual assault is sicken and I can not speak for Joshua. One allegation has been confirmed to be false but the other 2 is something to keep in mind. We have all seen Joshua and are truly struck back from the news but we just need to put ourselves back from it. Joshua seems very genuine and I don't believe the news but I think we need to believe the "guilty until proven innocent" statement.
These are just my thoughts on the situation and I really hope it isn't true because he seems like such a sweetheart.

This isn't something that we have control of and it is good to have a thought process on it, but try not to get too involved. Don't try and comment on his social media to get some stuff out of him, just have your thoughts and leave it there. Which is what I wrote and it is completely safe to spread your thoughts in the comments but try not to start arguments in things that we have no control of.

I will not be taking a break because of this situation and will continue writing without a doubt.

I love all of you people and I hope your staying safe!

Enjoy Your Day or Night!
(Sorry for the short chapter.)

-CR❤️