Chapter 33

Ricky
   Have I forgotten something? Please tell me. I didn't know I did that and I didn't know she liked it.
  "Uhm," so I begin, heads still touching, "can we share a bed for a night?"
  She gives me a sweet smile and laughs.
"Yeah. Ricky. We can."

   If I could've held her in that kiss, I think I would've melted. I just gaze at the sleeping figure who's sleeping in the most casual and beautiful way I'll probably ever see her in. I just want to scoot her towards me and just hold her tightly, but I think succeeding the kiss was better than enough.
  All I can tell myself is two weeks. Two weeks since I walked into her dorm. Two weeks since we went up to that front desk demanding for separate rooms. And yet...here I am. Basically staring at a gorgeous woman like a creep. A stalker, even.
  As I continue to stare, I notice that she's shaking. Shaking? I take my eyes off of her and immediately look at the cause. I sigh as I pull the blanket off myself and make my way to the window. I shut it with much silence and head back to the bed.
  I can't sleep. Who can after getting released from a jail cell? A psychopath probably.
  As she continues to shake, I decide I can't just watch. I shuffle close to her and place her resting head on my shoulder and hug her with a smile. I missed doing this. I really did.
  "Y'know..." she begins quietly, startling me as she digs her head closed into my shoulder, "if you continue to act as the way you are, I think I might just go a little bit crazy."
  "A good crazy or bad?" I ask, putting my chin on her head.
  "A little bit of both, but none I won't mind."
  It just escalated. So fast. I'm one moment, drunk, then in jail, then back at East High, then kissing Nini, to now. Holding her. And we've reunited for only 2 weeks. I don't know if this is luck or not.
  "Have I-...have I changed in your mind..Ricky?" She asks, looking up, causing me to take my chin off of her head.
  "What do you mean?"
  "Since the last time you saw me. 3 years. Have I changed?"
  I sneak a chuckle.
  "No. Not at all. You're still funny. Still gorgeous. Except a bit more active. I like that." I can feel her smile. "How about me? Have I changed?"
  "Unfortunately, yes."
  "What? How so?"
   "Are you really gonna ask me that? Ricky. You wear these suits and fancy clothing that I have ever hardly seen you in. Y-you know how to cook. You're fit....insanely..but still scrawny.." I laugh. "But they're good changes. Some I'd never expect but..I like it."
   "But the drinking..." I say quietly. "I really messed up there, didn't I?"
"You really must've remembered it vividly if it really got to you huh?"
"Yeah," I say forcing a small chuckle, "A bit."
"Look. I said some pretty..fucked up.. things there too. And I'm sorry. It was just a moment thing and I know you didn't mean it and neither did I."
"Don't apologize. I'm the one who started it and I'm just the one that caused all of this."
"I called you delusional and cursed at you."
"I threw a mug really close to you and threatened you, I also swore and called you names. I don't know which ones worse but I'm pretty sure mine won."
I have a problem. I do. And I guess thats just one of the reasons I moved away. I really can't bring this around Nini. Not her.
"Like I said. It's a moment thing. It's..nothing..to worry about."
I sigh and I shuffle into a more comfortable position and put my head above Nini's resting and just sit there.
"Good night..." I say, closing my eyes.
"Good night."

Nini
I blink my eyes open and I soon fall
Back very tired and close my eyes once again, but the arm squeezing me tightly causes them to open. I look down and see the arms of Ricky squeezing my torso tightly. I could feel his breathing on my neck.
  I turn my body with his hands still wrapped around me and I laugh at his sleeping face.
  "Mmm...how are you already awake.." he groans.
  "Well maybe," I take his arm and move it up before dropping it, "don't be like an anaconda and try to strangle me to death."
   He snorts before re gripping my stomach and squeezing it tighter.
   "Asshole.." I say quietly with a laugh.

Flashback *
  "EJ, really? It's a Wednesday night and your really about to host a party? How crazy do you have to be to do that?" I question.
"It's not that bad Nini. Plus, I'm graduating soon. I gotta take it in." He flips open his book, causing me to sigh and take my head off of his lap.
  "Okay? But in you have like 5 months before that happens. You still need to go to school without..looking drunk."
  "Nini," he chuckles, "not a lot of seniors go to class in general. Plus, I promised you I wouldn't drink and I keep promises. Now, you coming or what?  Kourtney and Ashlyns gonna be there. I think Carlos and Seb too. C'mon it'll be fun!"
  He did promise me. He drank once and he was a mess. Didn't expect to drive an almost 18 year old out of a random guys party around 2 AM.
  "I-.....fine. Okay. But I'm only staying till 11 then I'm out."
  "Alright...but it's probably gonna be too fun for you to leave."
  I laugh before laying my head back on his lap.
  "I uhm..." he begins quietly, not finishing.
   "Hm?" I hum, turning my head so I face up on him. He puts down his book.
"Okay I don't want to s-say it if you don't feel the same so I Uh.."
"Say it EJ. I won't know if I feel the same if you won't say what it i-"
"I love you. You don't have to say it back. You may not be over Ricky but I just wanted to know that I do and that if it chan-"
"Hey...I love you too." I say with a smile. "And I'm over Ricky. I'm not over you."
I get up and sit on his lap. "And yeah. Maybe I didn't say it before..but I do. I do love you and there's no play that's gonna stop that now is there?"
He laughs and puts his hands around my waist.
"Don't trigger me Nini."
I raise a brow before realizing I was sitting on his lap and that guys have things girls don't.
"Shit. Sorry," I say, getting off his lap.
"Don't act as if we haven't done anything. Plus, it's not always a bad thing."
"Well, that's true," I say, scooting off his bed, "but, don't want to get you in the mood when I'm not. And actually, we didn't do anything."
"Hmf. Okay Nini." He chuckles. "Leaving?"
"Yup. Moms gonna kill me."

***
"Hey Lachy," I say, entering the kitchen. He was leaning on the kitchen counter with a muscle shirt on and sweat pants. Never had I ever seen him in a setting like this, and shit am I not mad.
"New nickname?" He questions with a small chuckle. His brown hair was messy and wasn't in his normal gel styled way, but sort of flat and laid back. It's funny cause I'm over here checking out a guy as if I hadn't just kissed and cuddled my best friend. "Not too shabby."
"Well, Y'know after letting me and my..friend stay over at your house gives you the privilege."
I smile and he returns the favor.
"Oh, do you want anything to eat or drink? I can get you some coffee if you'd like."
"No no. I'm fine. Thanks though."
We just leaned on the counter, side by side. I just gazed into his hazel eyes with the sun piercing through them.
No. Not again. I can't fall for 2 again. Not again. I tell myself. Not.Again.
"Hey guys," Rickys voice causes me to take my eyes off his his and look at Ricky. "What are you guys doing?"
  "Hm? Nothing." Lachlan says, standing back up and heading to the fridge. "Want anything?"
  "A coffee would be great right now actually."
  "Yeah sure. I gotcha."

Posted now heh! So I've unfortunately decided to stop doing shoutouts when people save my story into their libraries. I really do appreciate it deeply and I can probably name all of the people that have, even ones who just recently done I but it's taking a lot of my time and I want to post these as quick as I can for both me and your guys time. I do appreciate it, so don't be be alarmed if so don't shout you out.

How are you guys feeling about the story so far?
Go ahead and answer!

Enjoy your day or night!❤️