Chapter 20

Nini
  "So let me get this right.." I revise as we walk down East Highs hallway. "A guy named Axel, who is Ej's cousin, who also looks like he is in his mid 20's, went over and knocked on our door around 12:20 A.M and told you the message, which you left on my dresser, to meet EJ in the parking lot around 8 this morning.."
  "Yup. You sort of got it down..." Ricky replies, putting his hands in his front suit pockets. "Just talk to EJ about it today. I'm sure he had a good reason."
I know why, and it's better for me not to say it. Ricky was awfully calm when I told him me and EJ dated again once he left. I really don't understand how he's taking the news so calmly since he's been so overly protective.
Ricky constantly reminds me of the good days at times. The days where we partied but didn't do stuff like drinking or smoking since we were just young theatre kids who could hardly deal with drama on or off stage. Yes, maybe I could do theatre at UCLA but it's just going to be different. It's not going to be fun and sure, It could probably support my dreams of being on Broadway, but I think majoring in drama is more than enough.
I admit...for the past 3 weeks, I've had moments where I've desperately wished that I did theatre and actually auditioned for some of the plays, but with Ricky being there each time I unlock the door to my dorm, it's just going to bring back wanted and unwanted memories that I probably can't handle for the most part.
"I don't really want to talk to my ex that I haven't seen in a couple of months Ricky." I reply a couple of seconds later. He gives me a look that said right, sure you don't. "Ricky your an exception I have to deal with."

Ricky opens the drama room door for me, allowing me to walk in, not thinking about much. That was until I saw some desks staged in a circle.
"Annnd shit.." I hear Ricky say quietly behind me.
"Why..did I genuinely think that she wouldn't do this again?" I ask myself with much regret in my voice.
"We all did.." Gina says, walking in behind us. "I swear, there are moments where Ms Jenn decides to surprise us all."
   "All right everyone!!!" Ms Jenn shouts, giving me flashbacks that felt far too good to be true. "Your roles are placed on the desks. Sit down and prepare to be...connected.."
  "Gee..." I say quietly, rolling my eyes as I pull Ricky along with me. "Whatever your going to say to Hunter...just don't..criticize Ms Jenn's ways, okay?"
"Who said I was going to say anything about Ms Jenn?" Ricky responds, standing behind Hunter but aside me as well since I had to stand behind Willow.
  I tap Willow on the back in concern after noticing how shaky the black haired teen was when she sat down.
  "Hey? Are you alright?" I ask as she turns her head towards me.
  "Hm? Me? Oh I'm..fine. I just..I heard of this last year. Apparently it freaked some people out." She responds, forcing a smile.
"It's..weird but it's cool. You really get to just take it in when you do this. Don't worry about it." I say as if I wasn't ready to kill myself the first time we did it.
I give a quiet but large sigh before returning my attention to Ms. Jenn, who was sitting down with a large smile smothered onto her face.
"Everyone...even the veterans...please hold hands and take a deep breath.." Ms. Jenn says, holding her hand out to Carlos, who had volunteered to once again choreograph the musical.
I don't hesitate to take Rickys hand, which was already out and ready, but I soon hold back much when I notice EJ standing next to me, giving me mere pity eyes with his hand out, causing me to take it slowly and with much regret. After taking his hand, I turn my head back to Ricky, who soon noticed the discomfort I was in and squeezed my hand tightly, telling me your fine.
"Now..don't be afraid to sing along..."
(I don't necessarily say the lyrics since it's not only cringe, it's basically copyright in disguise.)
Ms Jenn begins singing we're all in this together, and eventually I do too, telling everyone that it was okay. Ricky soon began after me, than Ashlyn, then Carlos, then Willow, then EJ, and eventually, everyone began singing. It was a blessing in disguise and I didn't think I'd be so happy with the outcome of this.

"Wasn't that just... a cleansing?" Ms Jenn asks as we finish. "We're basically connected now.."
"Ew..." I hear Big Red say quietly.
"Spirtually!" I say loudly out of no where, making sure I could say before Ms. Jenn could.
Ricky chuckles in response to my comment, but quickly returns to his serious demeanor.
"Alright. Shall we get to work?!" Ms. Jenn asks, standing up from the discomfort of her chair.