Chapter 52

Nini
  "So," Ricky begins as Lachlan leaves, "I..don't know what to say."

"Your fine. You don't..have to say anything." I sit down where Lachlan once was. "You feeling better? You seemed..pretty out of it."

  "Yeah I'm better. Are you alright?"

  "I'm good. I uh got no problems. I just wanted to make sure your okay."

It was awkward. I don't know why, but it's been like that. There will probably be no time where it isn't.

  "I also had some time, y'know." He says, laying down on his side.

"Yeah? About what?"

"Why you were so mad this morning." I lean back into my chair, preparing for this conversation. "I'm missing my..ID for my wallet."

"Your..fake ID. Right?" I pull the phone case off my phone and hold the ID up. "Were you just going to hide the fact that you had this from me?"

"I don't know for how long. I'll admit, But I could say the same for you. How long were you going to keep it a secret?"

"I don't know what your talking about."

"Yes," his voice breaks out of no where, causing me to look up at him. "you do Nini."

"Ricky, if this is about-"

"Nini please. I drink, I know. But my situation can be stopped. Yours could've too if maybe," his eyes water, causing me to want to wonder. I don't get why he was so..broken about this. His voice merely breaks with every word. "If maybe you talked to someone about it."

"Talked..to who?" I admit, looking him dead in the eyes. "Who could I have talked to at the time?"

He sits up. "A-an..yone. Anyone Nini. T-the police, your mom, Ms. Jenn..anyone. Anyone at all." He was about to straight up sob. "I know....I wasn't there. I'm sorry but..jesus you never told anyone?"

"No." I hold back my tears. "What could I have said? Hey Mom? I just got raped by some guy I've never met before? It's harder than you think. And it's been 3 years. I've been trying to forget it all."

"You don't just forget that." He seemed angry, but calm at the same time. Tears begin to stream down his face. "He belongs in jail. Nini, you deserve justice."

"How did you find this out anyway?" I question.

"Lachlan. H-he got pictures-"

"Pictures?" I stand up, eyes watering, "he has p-pictures?"

"Some..random guy sent it in. That's what started all of this. But that's not what I'm talking about right now."

"What..do you mean..by pictures Ricky?!" My voice was loud, but I was no where near yelling. He stares at me, almost like he forgot everything. "What do you mean.."

"The Picture was you. Bruised..fucked up..I can't get it out of my head. And I never confronted you about it because..well look at me. I can't handle this type of stuff."

I wanted to yell, go crazy. But I just stood there, fist balled up as tears go down my face. I never wanted to talk about this.

My anger was just..over taking me but I could do nothing. It was that silent anger you get when someone doesn't shut up, but this was..different.

"Nini?"

I take a second and breathe out my mouth, but a sob I didn't even know was in my throat comes out. I stumble and grip the side of the bed.

"He had..fucking..p-pictures." I let the tears stream down my face. "God damn it."

I reluctantly raise my head to see Ricky, silently crying like never before. It was almost like someone just killed his whole family in front of him. Not wanting to look at him, I put my head back down and look at the ground.

Someone has pictures of me and it was my fault. Now I'm stuck in a situation where I'm just a fucked up mess.

"C-come here." Ricky demands quietly. "Please?"

I force myself to stand up straight. I stand beside him and try not to make eye contact, but a hand soon places itself on the lining of my jaw. His thumb wipes my tears away.

"I'm sorry. I-..am. I wish I could've done something." I look at him, seeing him look at me everywhere. "I can't imagine someone doing that. N-not to you."

I hold his hand in place by gripping his arm with both my hands. I lean my head more into his hand and just stare into his eyes.

"Y'know. I cried..every night. But I never realized I was convincing myself that I was crying over the situation when it was really you leaving."

I didn't mean to make him cry more but I did.

"And I'm sorry." I've never seen someone cry over me like this. No ones voice was ever broken or damaged. Not like him. Not even close. "You don't know how much I regret it. I was there at that party and I didn't do..anything."

He kept his hand in place but soon began sobbing.

"Ricky. No, hey." I try to collect myself as I lift his face up. "It's not your fault. It's not..your fault."

"Y-" I stop him, placing my lips on his. I was releasing my anger out in a kiss. I don't let him pull away, but kiss him as if it was the last time I could ever. It felt like it. I cup his face as his arms wrap around my waist. He pulls me up on the bed, letting me sit on top of him. I try not to hit any of the medical equipment.

He tries to pull away many times, but for some reason I didn't let him. I don't know why. I don't know if I'm scared of him leaving but either way, I didn't let him. I finally give in when he almost..whimpers? It immediately made me think I hurt him.

"Shit, sorry. You okay?" I ask, looking around him, hoping I didn't hit him.

"I'm fine, but," he wipes his face, "I'll need a break eventually."

I try not to grin as I kiss him softer. I want to forget everything we just talked about. Forget about my problems, the news..just everything.

I wrap my arms around his neck and take in the moment. Maybe I could make him forget about his problems as well.

I'm still wondering when I should schedule the date for the sequel since I'm clearly am to finish before June 8th. I might release the first chapter the same day as the last chapter of this, I'm not sure.
You guys liking the book so far?

Enjoy Your Day or Night!
Comment and Vote!
-CR