Dare Me (Part 1 - Alexis)

"Up, up, up" my annoying best friend yells into my dark room and yanks the covers off of me. The coolness from my window instantly sweeps over my legs. "It's been a month" She says pulling the string on my blinds and forcing them up. The sun beams apologetically, blinding me like driving home at five o'clock. "What the hell, Claire?" I grumble, grabbing my pillow and forcing it over my eyes. The mattress gives when she sits down. "This is getting ridiculous. You know it, I know it - hell, everybody knows it. Going to work, coming straight home, and crawling into bed every day, it's not cool, Alexis" "At least I'm going to work" I mutter. Blinking my eyes open from under the pillow, I decide I'll brave the light. Removing it, I jerk back when her face is literally inches from mine. "Would you move?" I say flipping over onto my back. I blow my hair out of my face and run my hands down my face, sighing as I look at her. "Lexi, it's been a month" Her voice goes soft, and her eyes tell me this has gone on for way too long, like I don't know that. "I'm aware" "This isn't healthy" "I know" I scan over her face and exhale slowly. "I hate men" "Oh no you don't. You just got mixed up with the wrong one. He was a dick. He cheated" She says with a shrug. "Not all men cheat. Some actually like the woman they're with" "Oh yeah have you met one?" She grins. "No but I hear it's a thing" "Do you now?" I reply sarcastically, turning my attention to the popcorn ceiling. She pats my leg. "We're going out"  I sit up on my elbows."Absolutely not..." "Yes, I'm calling Brennen. We three are going to get shit faced and forget about your stupid ex boyfriend for a night." "I really have no energy to party." "You will once you have fireball in your system" She grins wickedly and wiggles her eyebrows. "Come on we need a night to make dumb choices" I give her a side glance. "I think I already did that" Claire makes a face. "Yeah well, different dumb choices then" She stands and goes to my closet. I swing my feet over the side of the bed and let my toes touch the soft carpet. The air conditioner is humming, and all I want to do is go back to sleep. How did I get mixed up with guy like Mark? Two years we were together. I moved in with him, for God's sake. Claire walks out of the closet with a red dress and black heels. "A dress like this needs to be worn, Alexis not hung in the closet collecting dust" "You're serious about this aren't you?" I say unenthused. "Damn right, I am you have to get out of this house before you become a piece of furniture" I roll my eyes. "Maybe you'll get lucky tonight and this dress will end up on the floor of some hot guys bedroom" She waggles her perfect eyebrows. "The only floor this dress will end up on is mine, and probably after you leave this room" She laughs. "Get up, shower, and brush your teeth. We're leaving in an hour" She tosses the dress onto the bed. "An make sure you shave!" She yells out after she leaves the room. I groan and fall back onto the bed.