Dare Me (Part 42 - Alexis)

The clock on my cell phone reads late-as-hell. I hit send, letting Claire know I'm okay before placing it down, stretching my legs, and rolling over in Colby's bed. He moves with me and slides his arm across my stomach. I stare out the windows, seeing city lights and a dark sky. I link my hand with his. "Where were you tonight?" I murmur. He doesn't say anything for a moment, so I turn my head and look at him to see if he's awake. His eyes look to mine.

"I had some business to take care of."

"Some business? YouTube business?"

"Just business."

"At that time of night?" I ask skeptically.

He snuggles into my back. "Don't worry about it," he says, which makes me do the complete opposite. "Um...okay..." I look back in front of me as he kisses my neck. Is he keeping something from me? Well...obviously. I exhale and move to a sitting position. "What are you doing?" he asks. "Thirsty." I grab his T-shirt from the floor and slide it on before walking over to the kitchen. "Where are your glasses?" I ask. He points. "Far left cabinet." I open the door and remove a glass before filling it from the fridge. I turn around and lean against the counter, taking a sip as I look at him in the bed. "You okay?" he asks. I shrug, looking down.

"What is it, A?" he asks.

"A?" I ask, liking the way that sounds.

"You don't want me to call you that?" He looks bashful, which makes me grin.

"No, I like it."

I walk to the island and set the glass down, resting my palms against the cool counter-top.

"What's wrong?"

I look over at him. "I don't want us to lie to each other."

He rolls over onto his back and lays his hand on his chest as he looks up at the ceiling. "Who's lying? I was dealing with business, and I got tied up. That's it." He sits up on his elbows, and the sheet falls really, really low. I narrow my eyes. "Besides, it was your boy's birthday. I didn't want to intrude on your night." I pick up the glass and drink more. It was my boy's birthday. Humph. I'm not sure if I believe him, but what other choice do I have? "Bring me some of that," he asks. I lift my brow, downing the rest before turning around to refill the glass and taking it over to him. I hold it out for him to grab, and he does but sets it on the nightstand and then quickly yanks my arm. "Colby!" I yell with a laugh as I fall on top of him. He grabs a handful of my ass. "I didn't mean the glass." I scoff and lean up, resting my face in my hands as I look at him. His eyes scan me over, and he rubs my back before he says, "I promise I won't lie, if you do." I search his face. "Okay." He sits up and quickly flips me over. "Okay then," he replies, lifting my T-shirt and leaning down to get under it. I laugh as he kisses my breast. Colby is a one-way street with no turnarounds. I've got no choice but to continue forward, and as long as we keep our promise, we'll be okay.

I hope.