Dare Me (Part 13 - Colby)

My feet echo in the stairwell as I quickly hit each step, wondering what the hell is wrong with me. What the fuck made me reach across her and try to put her seat belt on last night? "You're your father's son." Gage's words ring in my head as images of my father doing that to my mom flash in my mind and make me cringe. Jesus. And then she falls asleep in my car and I just take her up to my apartment? "Why didn't you just wake me?" Well, I'm not sure, Lexi. For some weird unknown reason, I wanted you at my place. I wanted to wake her and fuck her crazy. That long hair and sexy goddamn smirk she has. I wish I'd never met her. No, you don't. I groan as I hit the bottom step and walk to the door, pushing it open. Exiting the lobby, I make my way to my car and once inside I press the clutch. The engine roars to life when I turn the key and I sit back after turning the AC on blast. The summer sun shines bright and I grab my sunglasses, thinking back on her asking to wear them. I smirk and slide them on. This girl is something else. She's a smart-ass, beautiful, and unlike anyone I've ever met. She's got my mind thrown. I think back to Monnie's surprised face. I've never taken anyone there before. I shake my head. I can't do this. I can't do relationships. Friends, Colby. She said just friends. I nod and run a hand over my shadow of a beard. I don't have friends, but I'll be the best fucking friend she's ever had.