Dare Me (Part 25 - Colby)

Moments pass and she doesn't respond. Of course, she doesn't. It's four in the morning. I lightly knock on the door when I reach it and wait on the opposite wall for her to answer. I stare too long, my mind in a whirlwind. Christ, I'm drunk. I call her this time and a groggy sexy woman says, "Hello?" "Hey." "Colby?" she asks. "Yeah, what other guy is calling you?" Anger sweeps through me. "What?" She sounds so sleepy and I calm down, because man, I'd love to wake up to that. You would? Yeah, I would. Never in a million years did I think this would happen. "Open the door," I say. "What?" Her voice is higher now. "I'm here. Come on." The door opens moments later, and Lexi squints from the hallway light. "What the hell are you doing here?" She has sleep lines on the side of her face. Her hair is down and wavy. I push off the wall." "I wanted to see you." Her eyes narrow, and her head tilts. "Are you drunk?" "A little." I shrug. "Let's go to bed." "What? You need to call that Uber back and sleep it off." She kinda laughs. "Can't. I drove here." "Are you serious?" Her eyes grow wide. "Yep." "That's stupid." "Maybe," I say, walking toward her. "You gonna let me in?" She sighs. "I guess. I can't have you driving back home like this." I smile, knowing she loves it and she confirms it when she bites her own grin. "Where's your room? I ask as I walk past her. "Straight back." I hear her lock up as I walk down the hall. A small lamp gives her room a soft glow, and I look back when I hear the door click shut. I slide my shoes off and pull my shirt over my head. I try not to smile again when I see her check me out. She's already told me she thinks I look good, and that shit went straight to my ego. I take a seat on her bed as she stands by the door. "Come here," I say. "I don't think this is a good idea," she replies, looking slightly nervous. "Why?" I ask. "Well, you're drunk." I laugh. "Don't worry about me. I'm lightening up." She smirks. She has on a long tank top that says I love sleep. Her bare legs are showing, taking me back to drive-in movies and fights in the rain. "So, this is your way of doing that? Driving drunk and interrupting my sleep?" "Yeah." She rolls her eyes playfully and walks toward me, but she tricks me and goes for the lamp. It's dark when she turns it off, except for the glow from her windows. "I'm going back to bed." She walks around me, and I reach out and grab her. I feel her body tighten in surprise when I bring her close. I rest my forehead against her stomach and breathe her in. "You smell so good," I say. "It's lotion," she replies, sounding thrown off. "Nah, that's you." She laughs and puts her hands on my shoulders. I wish this was a sign she was going to climb on my lap, but she pushes away from me. "You are drunk," she says, walking around the bed. Slightly disappointed, I stand and unbutton my jeans. "What are you doing?" she asks. "I'm not sleeping in my pants." She doesn't respond but puts her knee on the mattress. My eyes are adjusting to the dark, and the orange streetlamps outside help so I can see her. She looks apprehensive, but I ignore it and take my pants off. I'm in nothing but briefs now, and I bet she's got nothing on but panties under that shirt. This is going to be interesting. "Don't overthink this," I say. "We're just going to sleep." She licks her lips. "And don't do that." "What?" she asks, moving the comforter back more. "Lick your lips." I see her grin. "Sorry." She lies down, and I walk over and climb in beside her. I feel her warmth, and I want so badly to touch her, to fuck her. But I don't want her to think that's the only reason I came over. We lie still. She's turned away from me, and I can see the curve of her body under the covers. I can't let this night go by and at least not touch her, so I act like it's a natural thing to do and I reach around and grab her by the waist. She stills as I bring her closer to me, breathing in this intoxicating scent she has. "Good night," I whisper. "Good night," she replies. She brings her hand up and puts it over mine, and moments later I feel her relax against me. I'm not sure if it's from this intoxicating woman or the alcohol swimming in my veins, but within minutes I'm out.