Dare Me (Part 46 - Alexis)

Warm water makes me feel like heaven when I step into the bathtub and sink down. My eyes take in the vast city with all of its lights. Reaching up, I tighten my hair tie, realizing pieces of hair have fallen down and are now wet. "Oh well," I say, leaning back and looking out the enormous bathroom window wall. Yes. The gigantic wall of windows. In the bathroom. That you can look out of while bathing. It's insane. Bubbles cover my body from being seen, and a soft bath pillow rests behind my head as candles twinkle around me like the lights before me. I think about how the day has gone, from finding the knife to crying with Claire and then meeting Colby's mom for the first time without him even being there. I roll my eyes but then think about the argument between Gage and Colby. Two broken brothers who've only had each other. I'm sure this isn't their first fight, and I'm sure it won't be their last. I sigh contently as I shut my eyes, and the first thing I see is Colby. That man drives me wild. He's calm when everything seems crazy. He makes me feel wanted and protected. My chest swells, and I smile. My eyes pop open, and I sit up just a tad. "Holy shit," I say as realization hits me. "I love this guy." My hand goes to my face as I lean back and smile, my eyes going to the bubbles. My heart beats a little faster, and I look to the window as a tap sounds on the door. "A?" Colby says. "Yeah?" I answer. "Can I come in?" "Yeah." "The door is locked." "Oh, right." I sit up and hop out, grabbing a towel and wrapping it around me as I walk to the door to unlock and open it. "Everything okay?" I ask, knowing I'm soaking the floor. "Everything's fine." He steps in, causing me to step back. He looks over at the tub and then at me. "Feel okay?" "Yes." He nods, his eyes going down my towel-covered body, and I'm a whole different kind of wet when I catch that look.

Jesus.