Dare Me (Part 39 - Alexis)

"Ben?" I reply, stumbling behind him, almost giggling because he's walking too fast toward the steps and, well, I'm drunk-ish. "Go tell Lexi's friends she had to change clothes. Get them anything they want," Colby says to the big bearded man at the bottom of the stairs. I remember him from the first night I was here. He nods at Colby before doing the same to me. "Hey," I greet. I dart my eyes to Colby when he scowls back at me. "I'm coming," I reply, like geez. The lights come on just as he opens the door at the top, signaling the club is closing.   "Hey, Harrison!" Gage says from the table across the room. He sits with a few other women and a few guys with poker chips in front of them all. "Hey." I go to walk over to him but get snatched back. Oh yeah. My tits are showing. "I've had a little accident," I say, holding my shirt out. Gage's eyes look down, and he smirks. "I see." "Fuck off," Colby says and moves me in front of him to walk up the other set of stairs. I open the black metal door with a four-pane window in it and step inside. He walks over to a clothing rack. My eyes scan the loft apartment. It's wide with tall ceilings. It has an industrial feel to it with a wall of black-framed windows to the right of me and another door to the left side. I'm assuming it leads to the alleyway. He must like windows; he has a wall of them in his other place, too. The floors are dark hardwood, and all the appliances are stainless steel. A big screen TV sits up on a red brick wall, and in front of it are soft brown leather couches. There are framed photos of Jimi Hendrix, The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, and other cool bands from the sixties and seventies. Colby makes his way back over and tosses a shirt to me. I walk to the bed that's placed closer to the windows. Turning away from Colby, I lift my wet shirt over my head before sliding the soft cotton on. It's big on me, but it's better than my wet blouse and it smells like him. I bring the collar to my nose and breathe in. Turning around, I see him standing behind me at a Bluetooth player as lyrics from "Push Off" by The Palms start up. He turns with his hands slid into his pockets. He wears a white dress shirt with the sleeves rucked to his elbows, showing off his tattoos and watch-covered wrist. Good Lord, this man. "You been enjoying yourself?" he asks me. "Yes," I reply with a grin I bite. He looks at my lips and then down at my body before his eyes dart back up to mine. He stares at me for moment, and then he says, "Come here." My heart kicks up, and I grab the bottom hem of his shirt as I take a slow step closer. I look up at his face as he looks down at me. This six foot three sex god towers over my small frame. It's intimidating in the best way. My tipsy mind wishes he'd go all caveman and throw me over his shoulder, toss me onto that bed, and make me scream. "Why did you turn down my offer to pay for drinks?" I narrow my eyes. "How did you know?" "Gage owns this place. I know everything." I shake my head. "It was a nice gesture, but we all work. We can pay for our own drinks." He smirks and looks down. "Touché." His head tilts as his eyes look back at me. "The club's closed." I look for a clock, seeing one beside his bed. It's after three. "I need to find Claire and Brennen." Colby pulls his phone out of his pocket and looks at the screen. "They're fine. Ben told them you were with me, and Claire said to text her in a little while so she'd know you're okay." I smirk at my overprotective friend. "You ready to go?" he asks me. "Not at all." His lip lifts. "Good. I've got plans." "You do?" I ask with a smile, but I'm also nervous. "Yes. But first let's have a shot." I shrug. "Okay."