Dare Me (Part 33 - Alexis) (Mature Content⚠️)

My nervous system buzzes, and I'm sure I've never been this anxious. Butterflies spread wings, soaring in my stomach until I can hardly stand it. The car ride home was full of sideways glances and knowing eyes. Our chemistry is undeniable, and tonight we've seemed to stop pretending it isn't. "Friends, huh?" he says as we stand at the open door of my apartment. Colby has a look in his eyes that I haven't had the pleasure of witnessing. Sweaty fingers grip the edge of the door and I nod, but inner me is clawing through flesh to touch him. He licks his bottom lip, and my heart pounds harder. Blood pervades my veins, and I feel the pulse in my wrist thumping against my skin. "What if I don't want to be your friend?" he murmurs, his blues dropping to my mouth. "Then don't," I whisper. My lungs shiver, and needles prick my spine. He stares at me, desire thick as lust bleeds through his pores. My body burns. My chest aches, and between my legs, my softest place, unbearably begs to be touched. "This is a bad idea." His words are gruffly pained, but the way he looks at me... God, it's soul shattering. I exhale. His pouty lips are slightly open, and his handsome face looks haunted. What's going on between us will outlast the sun. "Let's do it anyway," I say breathlessly. I lean up, but he moves his head back. My eyes go to his, and I see uncertainty but a yearning so deep not even he can hide it. Losing inhibition, I move again, my eyes never leaving dark blue, and this time my lips touch his. I shake with a need so powerful. Hesitation gives, and he bites my bottom lip, dragging it with his teeth as a smokeless fire explodes through my core. Hands that were gripping the door go to the side of his face and the back of his neck. His kisses turn frantic and he pushes to be closer, his hands going around my back. Our steps move into the apartment, and his hands slide down the sides of my body until they're where he wants and he lifts me up. My thighs instinctively go around his waist, and my ankles link. He swipes the door shut behind us and presses me up against it. His lips taste like bourbon, and it's now my favorite drink. My shirt lifts when his hands roam, sliding over skin covering my ribs and grazing the lace of my bra, making its way up until he gently but firmly places his hand around my neck. A thrill shoots through my body as he tightens his hold, kissing me urgently. I nip his lips, and he presses harder. His cock hits between my legs, and I suck in a deep gasp as a sensation so intense makes me feel weightless. Abruptly, he stops and pulls his lips away from mine. My eyes open, and I see a firm wrinkle between his brows. He shakes his head, and I grow panicked. "Colby," I say, begging him with just that word not to do this. I go to touch the side of his face, but he moves it. Cold rejection melts the fire inside before slithering its way into my mind, and my heart does what it does best at times like this. It hardens because I'm used to feeling unwanted, but this is slightly different. This isn't by my family; this is by a man I thought felt the same way I do. "Why?" I ask. "Because it's all I know," he says it without letting a moment pass, and I tilt my head as he loosens his grip on my legs. I could crumble to the floor and lie there as the sun rises and falls. The pain of him stopping what I thought was a top moment of my life splits my goddamn heart. He turns away from me, rolling his neck. "Who hurt you?" I ask bitterly. He looks back. "No one. Because I don't do this shit," he says, pointing between the two of us. He's mad now? How the hell can he be mad? "What? Fuck?" I ask, my anger at his rejection seeping through. My eyes go to his ticking jaw. He steps closer to me. "Is that all this is to you?" I swallow. "What's it to you?" "Not just a fuck," he spits, grabbing the door handle and yanking it open. My blood boils over, and I shut the door a little too hard, thinking he's the one who said he didn't want to be friends.