Dare Me (Part 16 - Colby)

Fucking hell. I stand by the car as Alexis stalks inside carrying the heavy box and a thought crosses my mind. I never had my coffee. My feet move without thought. I look at the girl holding the door open and catch up to the pretty woman in jeans that make her ass look fantastic. "What are you doing?" she asks as I take the box back from her. "I never had my coffee," I reply, walking behind the counter and placing the box down. "You're fucking kidding me, right?" I turn back to look at her. "Actually no." I pull a drawer out, not finding what I need. "What are you looking for?" she asks as I open another drawer. "Scissors." "Over there." She points. I grab the scissors from beside the cash register and go to open the box. "Well, are you going to move the old machine so I can hook this one up, or are you just gonna stand there?" I look over at her before cutting the tape. She shakes her head and tosses her hands in the air. "I guess I'm going to move the old machine." I smile to myself. "Becca, this is Colby" Lexi says dismissively. "Nice to meet you," she replies. The poor girl looks confused and unsure what to do here. Lexi and I act as if no one is around. I find myself wishing there wasn't. I'd like to lift her smart-ass up onto this counter and show her how complicated I can make things. "Pleasure," I mumble. Becca disappears to the other side of the store and I look at Alexis as she stands with her arms crossed. I lift the heavy machine from the box. She walks over and holds the box down so I can pull it out better. "What did you mean when you said you've got shit from your past you can't forget?" "Nothing." I set it down on the counter and remove the clear plastic on it. "I'm pretty sure that's not true," she replies as she removes the directions from the box. "I'm pretty sure I don't want to talk about it," I throw back. "Then why did you bring it up?" "Because you asked why I like to hit the bag." "So, you just toss out that you have anger issues because of your past and you don't think I'll want you to elaborate?" I exhale, clearly getting frustrated. "Drop it." "I don't want to drop it. I want to know." And I want to hook this thing up and get the hell out of here. Why did I follow her in? I rip the rest of the clear wrapping off, feeling her eyes on me. You know what, fuck this machine and the coffee. "My past is not something I talk about, Lexi." I harshly toss the plastic sideways into the trash before I walk by her. "I'll see ya," I throw out as I head for the door. Anger collides with frustration when I climb inside my car. Why does she ask so many questions? It's called getting to know each other. I spin wheels and shift roughly, deciding to head to Red for a drink or six.