Dare Me (Part 19 - Colby)

I'm not sure why I asked her to see this movie. It's reminding me of my childhood, and that's put me in a shit mood. That and the punk who hugged her like they're old fuck buddies. Who does she think she's fooling? I know she slept with him. The fact she's not telling me confirms it. I down the rest of my beer and my eyes look at her crossed legs. They're sun-kissed and look as smooth as silk. Thinking about him touching those legs bothers the hell out of me and I don't understand why. I've slept with numerous women and never gave two shits who they fucked after or before me. I look away from her tempting thighs. I haven't even slept with her, though, and I'm acting out of character. Maybe I should? Maybe we should just screw, and it'll ease some of this tension between us. I look over at her. Stray pieces of hair brush her shoulders, and her lips are wet from the beer she's drinking. Her chest glows from a light sheen of perspiration, and I bite my lip as salty sweat slides in between her breast. Her neck is exposed, and all I can think about is gently putting my hand around it and kissing her. She looks over at me. "Now who's missing the movie?" I narrow my eyes at her smart mouth. She lifts a brow before taking another sip of her beer. I suck my teeth and look past her at the sky, trying to understand why she gets to me so much. "I think it's going to rain." She looks up. "Think we should get in the car?" I look around at others and notice several people are in fact in their cars. "Yeah." I stand up and give her my hand to help her up also. She bends down and grabs the blanket and my eyes go straight to her ass. Jesus Christ, Brock. Get your shit together. "Would you like another beer?" I ask her, my voice sounding raspy. She has no idea what she's doing to me. "Are you having one?" "No, but you should." She shrugs. "Okay. I'll go get it." "Get in the car. I'll be right back." Why in the hell would she go get it when I asked her if she wanted one? Has no one ever done anything for her? I don't understand why she acts like she has to do everything herself. This Mark guy must have been a real asshole. I know I'm an asshole, but I really try not to be around her. She just pisses me off when she doesn't let me do things for her. Like buying the damn coffee machine. I've got plenty of money. Let me spend it how I like. If I want to buy her a damn coffee machine, I will. I shake my head as I near the small line, and guess who's walking up at the same time? Her little boyfriend Nash. He nods at me. I don't return it. "So, you and Alexis dating?" he asks, pulling his wallet out of his back pocket. "Something like that." What the fuck? Why did I just say that? Both his brows lift. Is he surprised? Why? Do we not look like a couple? Does it matter? No. Yes. I adjust my hat and step up when the line moves. I sound like a teenage boy. "Is it complicated then?" "Why's it your business?" I ask. He throws up his hands in surrender. "Just asking. We go back, her and me. We had a good thing for a while." He's got my interest. "Hmm. She's never mentioned you." I don't bother telling him we've only known each other for a short time. I just need him to think he wasn't that important to her. He nods. "Well, she's not one to open up." "Really?" I act surprised at this. "She tells me everything. That matters anyway." Lies again.He smirks and I wanna fucking punch him, but the lady asks me my order. "Two beers," I say to her. I wasn't going to have one, but my nerves insist. "Two beers," she yells to the boy near the cooler. I grab my wallet from my back pocket and put some bills down as the boy sets the cans on the counter. I grab the cold beers and turn, checking Nash's shoulder as I walk by. "She's got a sweet spot above her hip," he says. "It drives her crazy when you run your tongue over it." I turn around. "What the fuck did you just say?" He grins. "Just trying to help you out, bro." I step up and get in his face. "You don't know me." "Does she?" he asks. I'm aware people are looking at us, and I feel my hands shake, wishing these cans were glass because I'd bust them over this motherfucker's head. "Colby?" I hear and I turn around to see her. "What's going on?" She looks between Nash and me."Nothing," he says. "Colby and I were just having a little chat." I look back at him. "Fuck off," I say to his face. I eye him before turning away, knowing if he says one more thing, I'll do something that'll probably land me in jail. "Let's go," I say to Alexis as I walk by. "Umm, bye, Nash," I hear her say. He says something, but I don't catch it. My ears are ringing, I'm so pissed. She needs to be more careful about who she chooses to sleep with. No decent man would talk about what he and a woman do behind closed doors. Especially if he cared about her, which she seems to think they were friends. Friends, my ass. "Colby, what the hell was that?" She comes up behind me as I yank open my car door. "Just get in the car," I tell her. "No." My head jerks up. "What do you mean no?" "I'm not getting in until you tell me what the hell happened back there." She crosses her arms and looks at me hard. I see people watching us, and I really just want to get out of here. I soften my voice. "I'll tell you in the car." She reaches out and grabs the beers in my hand. "Fine." She walks around, bringing the mouth of the can to her lips as she does.