CHAPTER 10 - REALITY CHECK 1.0

Chapter 10 – Reality Check 1.0

Next Day - Wednesday

Khushi's POV

I smiled back at Aadi, as I belted in Atharv in the backseat, and watched him belt in Myra,and then I quickly got in the front seat, and Aadi took the wheel, and he started to drive. We usually dropped the kids to school on our way to work.

Right then Myra spoke – " mommy, can we ask you something??"

I looked back – "ofcourse myra, what is it??"

I watched Myra give a little nudge to her brother and Atharv straightened up in his seat, as he cleared his throat, as if he was about to ask something very serious.I looked at Aadi,and I watched him smile, as he caught the adorable scene in the review mirror,and he cleared his throat too,Atharv had picked up this habbit from his father , and Aadi smiled as he spoke – " cmon cmon, tell us already, im sure its about something we don't allow you on the weekday..."

Myra – " how do you know daddy?? Not fair, mommy always knows everything and now you too.."

Atharv gave his sister a gesture which said, dont worry I got this,and I controlled my laugh as I asked – "cmon Atharv, Myra, what is it??"

Atharv gave me a serious look – " so mommy, you know how we are going to Dehradun this weekend to visit dadu and dadi..."

I nodded.

Aadi – "yes, and you both love the drive..."

Myra – " ofcourse daddy...so we were wondering if we could see the movie Disney's Aladdin on Friday evening?"

Atharv – " mommy I know,you always take us for movies on weekends, except for the lion king one that you mentioned was a special treat, can this be a special treat too?please??"

I smiled.The look of pure innocence they had on their face was a well played strategy which worked on us,when the two of them wanted to get their way,and I looked at Aadi as i spoke – " so daddy, what do you think, should we also make this as a special treat??"

Aadi grinned – " yes,i think we definetly should..."

Myra – " yayyy, and daddy will you join us, please???"

Aadi – " I will try to finish my work early ,Myra.."

Atharv – "mommy,and can we also take Tisha with us?? Ask Ahana aunty ??"

Aadi gave me a look,as he gestured to me that I didn't have to answer that, but I did,as I gave my son a small smile – " I will talk to Ahana aunty, don't worry..."

Atharv grinned – " great...and mommy you will book the tickets right, or should I remind you?"

I almost laughed at that,my son was adorable when he was at his sceptical wanting to seek assurance self and I spoke – " don't worry baby, I will remember..."

Atharv grinned – " you are the best, mommy...I love you.."

Aadi made a grumpy face as he faked his hurt –" oh so now mommy gets all the love..."

Myra bounced in glee, in her seat – " oh cmon daddy, we love you too..."

.....

I waited for Aadi to come back as he'd gone in to drop the kids to class. He was a good father, always wanting to be very involved in the lives of his children ,and that's maybe because his father had always been that way too, so he'd seen that growing up, and It was obviously very comforting for me as well,and I saw him get in the car and take the wheel and I smiled – " you are a good father aadi, I really respect that about you, and I know iv said it before and I will say it again,because its you, I am confident that we can co-parent Atharv and Myra in a peaceful and positive environment, so that our separation doesn't have a negative impact on their lives..."