CHAPTER 24 - MOVING FORWARD

Helllooooo everyoneeeee....

Supriseeee Again!!

As I am back with a super duper long intense update again- 10k words.

My fingers were itching to write this chapter out, for it felt right to end the week with this update.

Super excited to know what you all think.

I will let you all dive in, without further delay!

...........................................

Chapter 24 – Moving Forward

Khushi's POV

I watched him close the file, and he kept it on the table in front of me and then he looked up and his eyes locked with him.

I was so freaking nervous.

I had no idea about how was he going to react to the facts about my history and resent entwined with Aadi.

I did feel a little embarrassed about writing this all out to him, specially the part about my sex life, but then it felt like I had to be brutally honest to him about it all.So I had nudged my hang ups and worries aside and then dived into writing this entire analysis with a practical perspective.

And now I did feel like I could have elaborated a little bit more on that third point of the weakness category.

He didn't look away from my gaze yet, and I didn't too,I kind off was trying to read what was on his mind by looking into his eyes, but I couldn't really get a hang on it because my head was now totally clouded with nervousness.

I felt a similar summer sault in my stomach because of that anxiety and I kind of started to play with my very own fingers in order to distract myself a little and I finally spoke leaning a little forward on the table – " so..the point of action was obviously to discuss this case with you, your thoughts and feedback on the same are of vital importance Mr Raizada...so now..if you are done going through the case...id like us to discuss.."

He finally nodded, and shifted the file a little aside and folded his arms on the table and leaned forward on them, just like I had and he didn't break our intense eye lock.

Thank god that there was no one in this business center because now the air in between of us was definitely starting to crackle with our chemistry.

And he finally took a deep breathe and he spoke, mirroring my business like tone – " well first thing out, I have to appreciate your honesty, khushi..that was a very honest and...",he paused for a second, and then resumed – "and a very detailed analysis.."

I nodded – " thanks..its only fair we discuss this out before...",and I paused, because the nervousness had formed a gulp in my throat.

His hand came across the table to rest over mine, and he held both my hand in his now and brought them to the center of the table and his eyes didn't leave mine as he spoke – " before I get into reverting back on the case with my feedback and thoughts, id like to ask you if there is anything else you want to say, khushi??"

I took a deep breathe, and I did a little contemplation within, hmm, maybe it would be good to just straight out elaborate on that third point of the weakness category and I spoke – " yes there is, I mean there is a point that id like to elaborate on a little, its from the weakness category, the third point.."

He clutched my hand gently – " ok, go on khushi..."

Ok.Here it goes.

Taking a deep breathe, I look straight into his eyes – " look, to be honest ,I mean brutally honest to you again, I don't care about the society or the people have to say about me, I used to a lot initially..i mean while growing up in my teens, but then slowly slowly as I grew older, I stopped caring about it and straight out accepted the fact that some section of the people in the society are going to look at me with their perceptions, etc no matter what, and no matter how hard I tried or wanted too, I couldn't change that...I was still going to be labelled as a poor orphan, who was taken in by nice people because of sympathy and not love in their eyes..a lot of them always said that iv done whatever my family wanted or strived for success because I feel like I owe it to them, but they will never understand that its not because its like im keeping my side of the deal, its out of love and the emotions that I have in my heart for them...then now again coming to the present..a lot of the people also talk behind my back saying that im some weirdo woman who encouraged her husband to explore feelings for another woman, or some crazy person who kind of axed her very own feet my breaking her own family etc etc..the judgements, the assumptions, the percerptions just don't stop, and to be honest to you, I don't care a damm about it anymore, like Vijay baba always says...",and I paused for a deep breathe and he asked – " Vijay baba??"