CHAPTER 20 - UNLOCKED

CHAPTER 20 – UNLOCKED

Khushi’s POV

Thanks to my Luck, his phone rang at the right time and the shrill voice off it had brought me back to reality, and I had run out of his reach just in time to stop a epic blunder.

And I had made it to my room, and stepped in to my bath again in order to calm my neurons.

It was probably the alcohol.

I had consumed too much off it.

I should have stuck to my good old white wine, rather than have this random strong chemical liquid, mess up both my neurons and emotions.

I sighed, as I admitted to myself, as much as I hated too admit it, I could not deny the fact, that it was not just the alcohol,that was a comfortable excuse my mind was conjuring up in order to play  a hide and seek with my heart.

But I never believed in playing hide and seek with my emotions.

I believed in facing them head on, and find my ways around them and then cope up with it, no matter how much misery it brought my way.

And I felt helpless tears make their way down my cheeks as I realised – that he was that one person, who would probably just always have this power over my being and my emotions and my soul,that could shake me in such a way that I would get sucked into a whirpool of chaotic emotions, in no time.

I was feeling like a emotional piece of mess right now, more than what I had been before I had stepped out of this room, for dinner.

Actually, not a mess – I was a Wreck.

And it was not just the alcohol, although that did have a little part to play in it, it was everything about him ; that had made me talk to him, in the way I had done tonight.

It was the way he was looking at me.

The way his eyes were Locking with Mine.

His Voice.

The way he was saying my name.

It was the way in which he had been talking to me.

The way in which he told me that he wanted to catch up on the time we’d lost out as friends and then told me about his Journey.

The subtle ways that told me that he remembered so much about me.

The comfortable support that he had offered by the pool,as I dangled my feet in the water,that had made me open up about my marriage.

Why did it have to feel so right to talk to him??

Why did it have to feel like that – that As if I could confide in him about everything?

Why did he have to do the things he was doing that made me feel like – that this wasn’t just any one else in front of me.

Why did it have to feel like that - this was the Arnav, I had known back then.

That this was the Arnav – I had once, loved so deeply.

I closed my eyes as the hot water made its way down my body.

And the water was very hot – but I felt myself shiver as I remembered the way his voice trembled softly as he asked – “ so you’v never been in love then??”

Why did he ask me that?

I have no clue.

But I was just glad that I had not been looking at him then.

Could I ever tell him??

Could I ever tell him ; that ofcourse I had fallen in love too, once upon a time in my life?That I had felt love - truly ,madly and deeply , in all its chaotically emotional glory and it had been for only one person in this whole wide world – and that was him.