CHAPTER 19 - SHAKING THAT LATCH ON YOUR HEART

Note – Please embrace yourself for a super long update – 22 pages on my word literally 9000 plus words, truly the longest update I have written for this FF.

I could split it into two, but then I didn't, because it all has to flow as ONE MOMENT.And I felt if I split it - the moment of the emotion would be lost.

Seatbelts on guys, and aplogies for the long length incase some of you prefer shorter updates, I write with a flow and I usually only stop once I feel my words have justice to the thoughts in my head regarding the moment in the track.

...............................

CHAPTER 19 – SHAKING THAT LATCH ON YOUR HEART

Khushi's POV

I had run up to my room, and thanks to my vulnerable emotions and exhaustion from the hectic day, I had crashed immediately into my bed, and the minute I had closed my eyes, sleep came and I had slept through for a good 45 minutes,and I looked at my phone – it was 745 PM.

We were supposed to get together for dinner at 8pm at the banquet hall, and even though all I wanted was to hide myself in my room, under these covers; I knew I couldn't.

I was on a work trip and I had to be professional about it.

I quickly made my way to the bathroom, picking up a change out of my suitcase for the evening,and I looked at myself in the mirror and I was startled by my very own reflection.

I could run away from everyone in the world ; but I couldn't run away from myself.

But I knew, it was time to look at the facts as they stood in my face.

I ran out of his reach, because I was scared the hell out of my mind over what I was feeling within.

And I hated myself for it.

I couldn't believe that my practised calm and composure over the years was being threatened by him so easily, and I was shaken, everything inside of me was shaken because I had just realised in that moment as he caught hold of my hand and pulled me to him , looking at me the way he did, speaking those words ; that no matter how hard I tried to hold onto composure, it was not going to be enough , it would never be enough in front of this man,who had been the only one , id given my heart too, who was the only one who had been so close to my heart.

No composure was going to work here because the loved I used to feel for this man had marked my soul in such a way that no amount of hurt or heart-break,or pain or time had been able to erase those marks he had left on my heart and soul.

And I was not at all happy with this realisation.

But every bit of it was true, and that is why I was feeling so helpless right now, because I know that I could cover it all up to the world, but I could not lie to myself about it.

It was on my face and the in the emotion in my eyes as I looked at my reflection in the mirror of the bathroom. My heart was aching as if it was begging my mind to let it loose to just bask in those emotions of the past, the emotions he had made me feel, the love it had felt and I almost felt myself, tremble with longing.

I hated the realisation that he still had control over my emotions.

Even eight years later, in front of this man, I was being reducing down, to a trembling emotional piece of mess, and it was happening so fast, that it felt like my mind was giving up on me here, as if it was tired off holding onto that composure too.

But why was this happening to me??

I had absolutely no logic in my head to justify the emotions that were stirring up within.