CHAPTER 13 - THERE IS ALWAYS MORE THAN WHAT MEETS THE EYE

Chapter 13 – There is Always More Than What Meets the Eye

Aaditya Mehra's POV - ( Khushi's ex- husband)

I watched the sunrise outa the corner of my eye, as I drove and I couldn't help but smile, there was something about the sunrise that I really loved. It had this serene impact on my mind and emotions everytime I witnessed it.

It was Saturday morning , and we'd left Delhi at 430am in the morning, so that we could reach Dehradun, well in time for breakfast with my parents. When I travelled alone, I would usually take the flight, but with Khushi and the kids, it was different, we preferred to drive down, because the kids, especially Myra enjoyed the road trip a lot, the kids would mostly sleep the first half the journey, and then be up by almost three hours before we hit Dehradun, and then ofcourse the usual road trip scene would take over our car, the constant chatter, the adorable inquisitive questions, the laughter, a mini fruit break session etc etc, until we finally reached the place, which was a part of so many memories of my life, my home.

I'd always lived in Dehradun , all my life, until I went to New Zealand for my education when I was 18,and I lived in Auckland, for around 9 years, until I finally returned back to Dehradun at the age of 27 years after the birth of my children.

Auckland was excellent ofcourse, I loved the city, it was welcoming, I finished my graduation in law and business from the University of Auckland which was a four years course and then gained some work experience there for a year and then went back for my MBA at the University of Auckland, and then resumed my work at the legal talent management firm I had worked earlier in , after the completion of my studies, and worked there, until Khushi and me decided to move back to Dehradun, after Myra and Atharv's birth. Id been gone from home so long that when my parents just discussed the possibility of our return, I had agreed, because no matter how well things were in Auckland, Dehradun was home.It was where I belonged, where my roots lied, and a part of me had always longed to return to the valley, that was so close to my heart.

My eyes fell on the kids, through the review mirror, and the scene of them sleeping so adorably in their seats all belted in, made my heart glow.And I quickly glanced at Khushi in the seat next to me, she had dozed off to sleep too a while back.Usually she would always keep me company while we drove down and wouldn't sleep, worrying that watching her sleep might just make me sleepy while I drove.

I smiled at the thought,trust Khushi to come up with something like this.

I take a look at her again through the corner of my eye,and I feel the worry creep back in. She looked exhausted, as if she hadn't slept the night. Something was wrong with her, as in something was bothering her a lot, and she wasn't talking to me about it yet, and that kind of worried me more, because Khushi always talked to me about everything, and that hadn't changed even after we separated, so what was it that she was trying to deal with by herself right now, I coudnt comprehend.

I was going to talk to her about it tonight, and I wasn't going to let her get away without giving me answers.

I was worried for her.

Khushi was and always would be an integral part of my Life.

I first met Khushi, almost seven years ago in Auckland, when she was almost 21 years of age, and I was 25, had just resumed work after MBA, and she had transferred to Auckland, in the last semester of her degree.Our fathers were friends back from their boarding school days, and her baba had been worried about her sudden move to Auckland, and my father had asked me to seek Khushi out and help the daughter of his friend, settle in , in a new country. And we became good friends really soon , and as we got to know each other better we connected even more, because we both were nursing our broken hearts. Khushi had confided in me that the reason for her sudden move to Auckland was that the one she had been so deeply in love with had brutally plucked her out of his life, and I had confided in her how id caught my girlfriend of 4 years, Nisha, cheating on me.We understood what the other was going through so easily, because we were going through it personally too, and so with constant support of friendship from each other, each of us started to heal with time.