CHAPTER 17 - MORE THAN WHAT MEETS THE EYE 2.0

Note – Ok guys, this Chapter is not very long, but it all had to stand alone as one part, and you will know why, once you read it.

.....

CHAPTER 17 – MORE THAN WHAT MEETS THE EYE 2.0

Arnav POV

The car pulled up in front of our office premises and I turned to look at Akash and I spoke softly – " im sorry Akash, about cutting you off like that a while back, I didn't want to be rude or something, theres a lot on my mind...".He was my brother and I hated being rude to him.

Akash gave me a small smile – " don't worry bhai, its ok, I can clearly see that, theres a lot on your mind today, explains the mood swings, but I just hope you are talking to di atleast...and I know you will talk to me when you are ready too.."

I sighed – " yes I will...thanks Akash..."

Akash grinned – " we are brothers bhai, if I wont understand you then who will, im just worried about you though..."

I gave him a small smile, and we walked into AR, my worry was rising too, but not for myself ; I wasn't worried about myself even a little right now.

I was worried for the one I loved so deeply.

I was worried for Khushi.

My heart was going out to her, and it was aching because I realised that Khushi would be beyond just hurt when she found out that ; her husband was cheating on her.

I had calmed down a little, and as much as I wanted to tell her what I had seen straight away, the memory of her tear stricken face in front of me from all those years ago was making me have second thoughts.

I walked into my cabin, and closed the door and I spotted Di already sitting on the sofa, waiting for me.

Thank God for my sister.I wouldn't ever know what to do without her in my life.

She handed me a cup of coffee and she spoke – " drink this up, and sit down and start talking..."

I took the cup from her hand silently and gulped down a couple of sips and then sat in front of her and I started to tell her about what I had just witnessed, and just as I finished, I heard di ask ,deep in thought – " chotte, are you sure?? are you sure that it was him..??

I sighed – " yes di..i am sure it was him..."

Di – " but youv only seen him once and from afar..so..just maybe if you are confusing him to be someone else?"

I sighed as I spoke , keeping the coffe mug on the table in between of us – " no di, I saw him again yesterday evening when he came to pick up Khushi from work, and I got a very clear look at him, and they looked so happy di, the kids were with them too, they looked like such a happy family, that I cant help but wonder why would this man cheat on Khushi, how can anyone in this world cheat on Khushi?? I mean, its Khushi, shes wonderful and so perfect, the kindest and purest soul, why, just why, i cant understand this at all..but I am sure, very sure that it was him.."

Di looked at me , deep in thought – " hmmmm, and you have obviously calmed down...so what is it that you are thinking now??"

I sighed – " as much as I want to hunt this man down and beat him black and blue..somethings stopping me, and its that Khushi is going to be beyond just hurt when she finds out, this will break her I know, iv known her in the past, she is a very emotional person, this will break her in every way..and its not just that, even though a part of me wants to act on impulse, I really cant now can I, I mean with what face and with what right?i am just a nobody and a mere acquaintance in Khushi's life in the present today..."