Meeting The New Kazekage

Almost  three years had passed since Burto left with Jiraiya. Nothing had heard from the Akatsuki as regards the Jinchuriki ever since as if they totally disappeared underground. But Orochimaru remained alert anyway.

And Orochimaru had just learned that a new Kazekage had been chosen to be the new leader of the village of Suna. However Orochimaru was quite surprised when learning his name.

" Gaara? You mean the Garra who hurt Rock Lee?"

Shizune had nodded to this , "It's him."

He had sent him a letter saying that he would be honored to re-organize new Chunin Exams with the cooperation of Konoha as the last ones had turned into a complete disaster and as a way to strengthen the alliance between their villages. He also said he wished to meet him soon as possible so that they could discuss about it.

So of course, Orochimaru had accepted and had headed for Suna without wasting a minute. Shuizune and Tsunade escorted him to the village and they had finally arrived by now , after a long trip.

“ Welcome to Suna, Hokage-Sama.”

A blond woman with four ponytails was the one to welcome them.

“Thank you,” Orochimaru said back to her.

“If you will follow me now, the Kazekage is already waiting for you,” the girl said as she gestured for the three of them to follow her.

After a good walk, they finally reached their  destination. 

" You're finally here." a young man said as they entered a large room.

" Yes, as you can see Kankuro. Oh sorry , I've just realized I forgot to introduce myself. I am Temari and this is our brother Kankuro. "

Orochimaru nodded. 

"I remember you three from the Chunin exams." Orochimaru said 

Of course you were one of the sensei. Even though we meet back then it wasn't really a proper meeting. Temari said 

Garra approached his sister and the three Konoha shinobi as soon as they entered the room. 

" Hokage- Sama, it's a real pleasure to finally meet," Garra stated solemnly before extending his hand for Orochimaru to shake. 

Pleasure is mine, Kazekage- Sama," Orochimaru responded as both of them shook hands.

"Please, come have a seat," Garra said as he gestured for him to follow him.

Orochimaru did and sat at a large table in front of Gaara. Kankuro and Temari went to stand behind their brother as Tsunade and Shizune did the same with Orochimaru. 

" So, as you already know, the main problem we'll have to be careful about is the Akatsuki ," Orochimaru stated, directly cutting to the chase. " I don't think Naruto Yashagoro is a threat anymore, at least for now."

Garra nodded, " I was thinking the same. But out of caution I suggest the exams take place in Suna since already took place in Konoha last time.

" Alright, I agree . But about the Akatsuki, I suggest we should choose several ANBU from our respective villages to secure the area just in case."

Garra nodded again. " Of course, we will do so. How many do you think we should send?"

Orochimaru thought about it. "I'd say that the quantity doesn't really matter . It's better to have a few of them provided they are strong enough to face and fight the members of the Akatsuki.  Plus to many of them would make people uncomfortable about the exams.