2 ✱ pancakes

thank you for reading my loves ♡

✱✱✱

"Speaking of amazing dads. The son of the man who'll possibly invest in my business has stopped by today. He asked for your number because you never called him."

Luke frowned.

"Michael," Ashton explained.

✱✱✱

The only reason Luke was standing was the big iced coffee he got on the way home.

He barely slept at night and had his morning class at nine, eat his lunch in the car before working for eight hours. Besides coffee, the hope of sleeping for more than three hours was keeping him awake while he was chopping an onion.

"Do you really need to cook? I'm sure you have something in the freezer." Calum asked as he ate his slice of pizza.

"Of all the people you should know that I need some healthy foods in my system."

The sports enthusiast shrugged his shoulders. "My kids always eat pizza before the football match and we usually win."

The bell rang and Calum went to open the door while Luke started to chop the peppers.

"The lady in the shop gave me a dirty look after I bought all of their lemons." Ashton walked into the kitchen with the groceries Luke asked him to get.

"Thank you, you're a lifesaver."

For the past five years, Luke kept thanking his neighbor and Ashton kept telling him off for it. Now, Luke still thanked the older man and he just ignored it.

"What are you cooking?" Ashton asked and stole a piece of Calum's pizza.

"Chicken soup."

"Did you already eat everything in the freezer?"

"Dammit guys, can you just shut up? I just want to cook fucking chicken soup for my sick son, okay?"

Calum dropped his pizza slice. Ashton raised an eyebrow.

"Your mum filled up your freezer with homemade soups before the winter." He said as a matter-of-factly, knowing Luke didn't use them all.

Luke groaned and stopped chopping.

"Daddy?"

The small human walked into the kitchen. He looked even worse than he did in the morning and it broke Luke's heart.

Calum stuffed the rest of his food into his mouth. "I'll clean up."

Luke smiled at him gratefully and washed his hands before walking to his boy.

"Hi baby, how are you feeling?"

The boy's golden skin tone looked paler than usual and the warm brown eyes were missing a sparkle. The only similarity between Luke and his son were the blond curls that were falling over his forehead.

Wrapped around your finger ♡ mukeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara