20 ✱ the deal

warning: addiction, anxiety, and sex mentioned, not in detail

this chapter will both fill and break your heart

✱✱✱

Michael shook his head. "I was just thinking."

He patiently waiter to see if Michael would share his thoughts with him. Sometimes he didn't and Luke was okay with it.

Looking back, he wished Michael would keep those to himself as well.

✱✱✱

Luke had quickly decided that vacation Michael was his favorite.

He didn't believe him at first when he promised work will stay at Sydney but it literally did. His work phone and laptop were there and because of safety restrictions, his passwords would change every few days so he was locked out of his email and other accounts.

Saying goodbye to Dylan was hard but the schedule Michael had prepared for them didn't leave much time to miss him.

Except for the time that was scheduled for Dylan, phone calls, video calls. They would write Dylan a postcard every day and Luke bought him so many gifts, Michael bought him a new suitcase.

The first few days they traveled around Thailand before settling down near the sea.

They would eat, drink, swim, and eat some more.

In between, they would have sex. A lot of it.

Luke was not one for private pools and beaches but he appreciated them after a while when his body started to show signs of passion and lust.

Michael kissed every single one of Luke's bruises even though he had more than the younger boy.

They also read books, read their favorite lines and funny jokes out loud, went to local events, tried to learn local words and dances, and visited rescue animal centers.

Luke made sure to make the best of their time there, said yes to almost everything, and convinced Michael to come with him with kisses, puppy-eyed looks, and blowjobs.

Drunk Michael on vacation was also on the top of Luke's list.

Not having to worry about work, and all the sex did wonders for the man's happy hormones level and whenever he'd kiss Luke like there was no other care in the world, Luke was close to telling Michael the truth.

If Jada would ask, he didn't chicken out but was waiting for the right moment.

Drunk Michael shared things about his life that Luke never knew and the honesty made Luke open up too. Some evenings would end in tears and the mornings would start with the worst hangovers but there was nothing food and sex couldn't fix.

However, there were some secrets Luke wasn't sure he'd want to know.

Michael talked about his sister's addiction, their parent's marriage, and his own mental health.

Some evenings Luke cried harder and cried even after Michael fell asleep.

He didn't know if it was because he was a parent or if it was just who he was but Luke's compassion and empathy would sometimes overwhelm him.