27 ✱ missing michael, again

✱✱✱

"You know, I was just thinking about how it will soon be a year since you two have met," Ashton said while making them another round of drinks.

✱✱✱

October

Two weeks after coming home from his vacation in Europe, Luke got used to falling asleep next to his computer.

He had just switched jobs, having accepted a position as a lead nurse in one of the wings of the children's hospital. Luke still worked three shifts but because he no longer had school to worry about, he was able to spend more time with Dylan, more time with his family and friends, more time in the gym with Calum.

But no matter what time of the day it was in Australia when Luke was getting ready for bed, Michael would Skype him and they'd talk until the nurse would fall asleep.

"It's funny," Luke mumbled, tired from work and spending the afternoon at the park with Dylan and his friends. "I thought I was done with days of being pooped on by children."

Michael laughed; he was still at the office but he reassured Luke he wasn't bothering him. "So, you don't want any more kids?"

Luke was taken aback by the question, he never thought about it.

"It wasn't a loaded question," The older man said after Luke didn't reply right away.

"No, I know. I just honestly never thought about it. Would I want more? Sure. Would I want to make more? Not so sure."

Michael choked on his coffee and started to laugh so loud Luke had to lower the volume.

It didn't help because he heard his door open.

"Daddy? Are you talking to Mikey?"

Luke turned around and saw Dylan in his pajamas. He only put him to bed twenty minutes ago and he knew his son was listening to their conversation.

"Come here."

Dylan ran over and climbed on the bed and over Luke so he could see the computer.

Michael's already big smiled expanded even more. "Hi small human, why aren't you asleep?"

"I have my first guitar lessons tomorrow after school." By first, Dylan meant the first since they returned from their vacation.

Dylan was only a bit mad Luke didn't tell him he was going to see Michael but was pacified after Luke promised they would be good friends again after the man will return home.

Their relationship status wasn't clear, they were taking it slow. Michael promised dates and Luke promised conversations and they both promised honesty and love.

They were just counting days till he would return home.

Luke feel asleep to the sound of Michael and Dylan talking about favorite songs to play on the guitar.

November

Luke sucked at gift gifting.