6 ✱ valentines

it's about time we get some drama into this

tw: smut

✱✱✱

"Amazing," Luke was confused because of Michael's strange reply. "We'll shower together."

✱✱✱

"Daddy, do you have a Valentine?"

"Hm?" Luke looked up from his arts and crafts project.

Across the table his son was covered in glitter he managed to spill everywhere; except the Valentine cards, he was making for his school friends.

"You're making a heart," Dylan commented and pointed his tiny finger towards Luke's creation.

"Well, of course, I have a Valentine, you're my Valentine." He blew the tiny human a kiss and he giggled before blowing one back.

"Mumma said you need a boyfriend."

Luke chuckled to himself. "Oh, did she. Did she have any suggestions?"

Dylan didn't even look up from the card he was currently working on. "No, but she said there will be a lot of models at her wedding."

"Dylan, what are you talking about, baby? What wedding?"

"Ups." The boy giggled and pressed his hand over his mouth. "Secret."

Luke grinned. He liked Jada's boyfriend and most importantly, Dylan liked him. "Did you promise mum to keep it a secret?" He nodded so Luke reached over the table and offered him his pinky. "Pinky promise I won't tell her you spilled the beans."

He knew Dylan felt bad but he also knew his son loved that phrase and as expected went into a fit of laughter before intertwining his smaller finger around Luke's.

"This is for you." Dylan gave the extra heart sticker to Luke after they managed to vacuum most of the glitter.

"Oh, thanks, buddy." He leaned down to kiss his curls.

"But you can't keep it. You must give it to someone, okay?"

Having no wish to argue with the seven-year-old he nodded before bribing him with chocolate milk to take the second bath that day. Dylan covered in glitter would give the mothers that often flirted with him one too many excuses to chat him up.

"Hi," Luke answered his phone when Michael called during his lunch break. "Do we need to reschedule?"

Luke was used to canceling his meetings with Michael as sometimes Dylan got sick, Luke had too much schoolwork or Michael had an unplanned meeting.

Michael laughed. "I love your greeting, hello to you too. I really don't want to cancel because I haven't seen you in too long and I'll be honest. I miss you and your pretty moans."

"Michael." Luke gritted through his teeth.

The man laughed. "Yeah, yeah I know. No dirty talk when you're at work. I know we said we'll meet at my place at four but I have a meeting at five."