26 ✱ right person, wrong time

Michael's point of view

✱✱✱

He just had to prove his love to Luke.

✱✱✱

It was just over five in the afternoon when Michael left his Stockholm office.

Back home in Sydney, he'd almost always stay at work late but here the pace was different and he actually had some free time. It also helped that afternoon in Europe was night in Australia and even his uncle wouldn't try and contact him past midnight.

Another thing he loved was the size of the city. He could walk home from the office if he wanted to.

And while he tried not to google his father or his own name too often, Michael appreciated he didn't have to deal with the media and the police until his father's trial would begin.

Not a lot of people in Stockholm knew about the company's issues in his mother county, however, his dad was a small part of a big business and with his uncle taking over, most investors and business partners were calmed down.

Michael did miss home. He even missed his sister who was out of rehab and seemed to be doing better.

When he walked out of the building he checked where his Uber was. Yes, he could walk but it was already cold in September and his Australian body wasn't used to it.

"Michael."

For a second, he thought that one reporter from Australia who followed him came back for another interview. But before Michael turned around, he recognized the voice and knew who it was.

Standing in front of him was another Australian who was even less prepared for the Swedish autumn than he was.

"Luke," Michael's heart almost stopped beating. "W-what? W-why are you here?"

He immediately walked over and grabbed the man's face in between his palms. "What's wrong?"

Luke looked healthy, his cheeks were cold and red due to the low temperature.

"Nothing's wrong." He quickly replied and gently pulled his hands away.

His hands were also cold and without looking away from his face, Michael found his gloves in his bag and gave them to Luke.

"Hi, Mikey," Luke said again. "I'm sorry if I came at the wrong time, I-I just wanted to talk."

That made Michael laugh.

Luke should be in Rome right now, maybe he should even be on a plane to Sydney. Maybe in Dubai waiting for his flight back home. Not in Stockholm standing in front of him.

"I couldn't leave Europe knowing you were so close so I rescheduled my flight."

"The boys?"

"On their plane home."

Michael laughed again from complete disbelief.

"You're here just to talk?"

The thing was Michael wanted nothing more but to talk to Luke ever since he came to Stockholm. But they didn't talk when they should so he didn't know what was the point in talking now.