28 ✱ spoiled

the feedback is dropping so please if you're reading this, vote and leave me a comment or two. love you x

✱✱✱

"One more week," she said.

"One more week," Luke repeated.

✱✱✱

December

Working at a children's hospital before the Holidays was both rewarding and exhausting.

There was a magical feeling, the hallways were decorated. Luke's days were filled with helping patents and welcoming famous guests and donators who visited the hospital to draw smiles on children's faces.

On the other hand, they were still ill and Luke had to make sure he gave them the proper care and not forget about the hard things in the middle of all the good things.

One of the biggest donators to the hospital was Clifford Corporation.

That connection had nothing to do with Luke and Michael, the Clifford family has always been connected to charities and other organizations. Luke went to more than a few events with Michael where money was collected for a good cause.

So, he shouldn't be surprised when Karen showed up at the hospital one day but he was.

"Luke!"

In a panic, he turned around. He was just going on his lunch break and it had to be an emergency for him to be called by his first name.

When he turned around and saw Michael's mother, he was both relieved and happy.

She hugged him tightly, the way she held him made Luke think of Michael.

"Karen," He said happily, "How are you? I haven't seen you in a while."

Liz and Dylan did visit her once around Dylan's birthday but Luke's life has been too hectic to visit the family on his own. He should, Luke thought, with Michael gone, Sam just out of rehab, and Daryl on house arrest, he and Dylan could lighten up the Clifford household.

Karen looked at him, her facial expression unrecognizable. Luke began to worry but then she hugged him again. "Luke, my darling," She whispered into his ear, "I'm so happy for you and Michael. So, so happy."

Luke smiled, no, he laughed into his ear and hugged her back. Michael was mumma's boy, Luke shouldn't expect anything less than him calling her right after he left Stockholm to tell her the news.

"Thank you, we're happy too."

"One more week," she said.

"One more week," Luke repeated.

Luke had spent his entire lunch break talking to Karen so he couldn't call Michael like he usually did when he worked the afternoon shift. He quickly texted him an apology and promised to spend hours on video chat with him the next day and the next day.

He finally had a couple of days off, and Dylan was spending the weekend with his mum so he'd have all the time for Michael.