7 ✱ he's my son

✱✱✱

"I think we need to talk."

"I don't want to." Michael almost closed the door but Luke stopped him.

✱✱✱

Luke knocked on Michael's door for the fourth time.

He knocked every few minutes but didn't shout for him to open or leave.

As he stared at the familiar door he thought back on the day before when he first got Michael's text.

He called him immediately but the man didn't answer. When he called again his phone was turned off.

"What's up?" Calum asked, not taking his eyes off the screen.

Luke looked at the text again. "I'm not sure, to be honest." It wasn't the photo, Luke's and unfortunately Dylan's face was often published in printed or online news. Jada and Luke never posted Dylan's photos online but his mum was kind of famous and that came with the territory.

Then he tried to remember if he and Michael ever fought about something or talked about things that had upset him. Or maybe something they didn't talk about.

"Ash?" Luke asked, now with panic clear in his voice. He maybe knew what was wrong. "Did you tell Michael about Dylan?"

Ashton looked at him and shook his head. "I didn't think it'd be serious enough for him to care."

Luke released the breath he wasn't aware was holding in.

At least he knew what was wrong.

He wanted to knock on the door again but he got a text.

Michael

Go away.

To: Michael

Nope. Let me in.

Luke almost smiled when he heard Michael groan inside. He had to be standing at the door.

When Michael opened the door, he waved at him. "Hi."

"Stop smiling." He seemed upset.

"I think we need to talk."

"I don't want to." Michael almost closed the door but Luke stopped him.

"I do think we need to talk. I understand you're mad and you have every right to be. Clearly, some things need to be sorted out. When they are, we don't have to talk again if you don't want to."

Michael raised his eyebrow. "So that boy is not yours?"

"Dylan?" Luke smiled. "He is, he's my son."

"Dylan." Michael murmured.

"I'm pretty sure I mentioned him once or twice. Because I thought you knew he existed and was mine."

"You never said you have a son." Michael frowned.

"First, I thought you knew about him. Second, I didn't think you'd be upset if you didn't know about him."