5 ✱ little alien

✱✱✱

They were still standing so Michael pulled him to the bar. "I and dad aren't really on the speaking term at the moment. But that doesn't matter, I've missed you."

✱✱✱

Luke woke up to realized he had brown curls in his mouth and a sleeping son on his chest.

In addition, Dylan had a cooked breakfast sausage in his hand.

He checked the time; it was ten in the morning on a Sunday and he slept for solid seven hours. How was the question as Dylan liked to wake him up early on the mornings after his late shifts to tell him everything, he missed on the evening cartoons.

Gently he rolled the boy off his chest, stole the sausage and made his way into the kitchen.

"Morning," he murmured and checked the counter for the rest of his breakfast and a cup of coffee. Both were cold so he heated them up in the microwave.

Jada was using his table as a makeup setup as she got ready for the day.

"First of all, you need a new couch, second, I send the alien to wake you up with breakfast two hours ago. I think he might get eaten on the way to your bedroom."

Luke rolled his eyes, took the food out of the microwave and joined her at the table. "My couch is amazing, plus you have your own apartment in the city, I don't know why you two came over."

Jada didn't look at him as she answered. "He wanted to see daddy first thing in the morning."

He smiled to himself before taking a sip of the horrible coffee.

They sat in silence for a few minutes, it's been a while since they were alone in the same room. They talked on the phone all the time but their days spent together usually included their son and Jada's boyfriend.

"Lu, I know I said it before, but why don't you two move into my apartment?"

"Because it's yours? Because you and your boyfriend live there? Because it's far away from my work and Dylan's school?"

She sighed. They had this talk before. "I just want to help."

"You do help J, you pay child support, buy him school things and are an amazing mother. That's what he needs, that's what I need."

"Okay." She smiled. "And you're the one who's amazing, that child worships you and it's all he usually talks about. Sorry if I come off as jealous sometimes."

Luke kicked her under the table. "Don't be stupid."

Jada laughed before finishing her makeup. "Hey, I know I should have asked you before but my mum called like an hour ago. My grandma wants to see me and well... Dylan."

Luke clenched his jaw and looked at Jada.

"I know Sunday is your day off and your probably have plans-"

"You know that's not the problem," He took another sip of his coffee.

"I'll make sure she won't talk to him like she did last time. You know you mean more to me than she does and nothing I can do or say will make up for her being homophobic. But it'll mean a lot to my mum."