23 ✱ i love you

important: if you don't understand anything in this chapter, please read it again. sometimes in chapters like this people leave questions without thinking twice and it makes me question my writing abilities. if something important is not explained, it will probably be explained in the next chapters.

please show me some love with feedback xx

✱✱✱

"I hated you because I thought you didn't love me."

✱✱✱

From: Ashton Irwin

Did Luke reply to you?

To: Ashton Irwin

No

From: Ashton Irwin

When's your meeting?

To: Ashton Irwin

At six

From: Ashton Irwin

Just go there, say what you have to say.

To: Ashton Irwin

I can't just show up

From: Ashton Irwin

You can

I'm at his place rn, I'll let you in.

To: Ashton Irwin

Okay, give me 30 minutes.

The fact that Michael was more nervous about seeing and talking to Luke than he was about his meeting said a lot.

Mainly that he cared more about Luke than about most things in his life.

He found his best cufflinks and checked himself in the mirror one last time before leaving.

Over the last few weeks, he made lists and speeches of things he wanted to say to Luke, topics he wanted to discuss.

However, now that the time has come, he'd be fine with just seeing Luke. Maybe say he's sorry in person.

He parked at his usual spot but instead of taking the elevator, he walked. Michael knew he was stalling. He also knew he was a coward.

Instead of knocking he texted Ashton. The man opened the door seconds later, with his keys and wallet in his hands.

There was no sign of Calum or Dylan behind him or Luke for that matter.

"I told him you'll come; he's hiding in the bedroom."

Before Michael could turn and leave, Ashton pushed him inside.

"Talk."

Michael nodded and thanked him, Ashton only rolled his eyes and left.