15 ✱ grumpy fake-boyfriend

✱✱✱

Sam was obviously waiting on the other side of the door and while Michael didn't bother to look at her, Luke offered her the same smile he saved for Jada's grandmother when she brought up his sexuality.

✱✱✱

"Do you have all your things?" Luke asked Michael when the elevator door opened on the ground floor.

Michael was holding his hand but otherwise didn't pay any attention to his fake-boyfriend. "Just here."

Luke frowned, not understanding what Michael meant but he followed him to the reception where an older man smiled at him.

"Mr. Clifford, hello. Early night?"

"Hi Tom, you know me, always the one to leave last." Michael smiled which lifted Luke's mood immediately. "I need a car to take us home and someone to drive my car home, it can be done tomorrow, no need to open the underground garage just for me."

"Will do sir, have a good night."

Luke said goodbye and waved before walking outside, it was cold but the suit Michael got him protected him from the early spring wind. "Are we going home?" Luke asked when they sat down at the backseats of the car.

"Are you hungry?" Michael looked at him and Luke shook his head before yawning. "Just tired."

Michael changed seats, so he was in the middle, and once buckled up he pulled Luke down so he could rest his head on Michael's shoulder.

Luke smiled to himself, at least Michael wasn't mad at him, he didn't know what was wrong but he could deal with it as long as it wasn't his fault.

When they finally made it to Michael's apartment Luke went straight to the bathroom, he smelled like models and alcohol. When he walked out of the bathroom he crashed into Michael.

"Sorry." Michael was in his underwear and Luke moved but the older mad placed a hand on his chest. "I'm sorry for acting this way."

"You don't owe me any explanations," Luke smiled and raised Michael's chin. "As long as I'm not at fault and there's nothing I can do to help, I don't expect you to tell me."

"You do know you help, right?" Michael laughed. "Can we sit?"

Bathroom was the closest so Luke put down the toilet lid and Michael sat down on the edge of his bath. "That guy, Oliver, he was my ex-boyfriend."

"The ex that trashed your guitars?"

"That's the one." Michael smiled sourly. "When I was in my tabloid, taking a different model every day phase, we were kind of messing around. He's Sam's friend and we started to mess around but whenever he wanted to go out or do something public, I'd take another model home. It was cruel of me because I really liked him but he was also seeing other guys because I wouldn't settle down.

When we finally did start dating it was fine for a while but it turned out he wasn't faithful and I was accused for misinterpreting our relationship for closed when it was open. And I loved him so I let him sleep with other people but when I mentioned going out with friends, he'd get jealous and I'd stay at home. We dated for two years, I lost most of my friends and when we finally broke up, he trashed my apartment and Sam was the one who gave him the keys."