8 ✱ older sister

this video brought me to tears.

- two months later

✱✱✱

"Do you have any siblings?"

"Two," Ashton answered. "Half-sister and half-brother. Both younger."

"I have an older sister whose entire life revolves around making my life difficult."

✱✱✱

It was after nine in the evening when Michael finally managed to leave the office.

Still, he preferred that to the alternative - fancy charity gala that costed more than the raised proceedings.

This was the life Michael knew and this was the life Michael hated. Mostly. He grew up in a wealthy family, his grand grandfather moved to Australia and earned his money by digging gold. Trough the generation the money was invested and reinvested and currently, Michael's father and three of his siblings and cousins were in charge of it.

He didn't hate the jobs he got. Michael was a born salesman and could sell almost anything to anyone. What he hated was everything that came with it. Fancy shit included.

On his drive home, he passed Ashton's bar. He was supposed to stop by days ago to finish their deal but since he was avoiding Luke, he was avoiding the bar too.

Michael liked to think of himself as someone who keeps his word. Yet, somehow since he and Luke broke things off he woke up with Luke in his bed at least four times. Not counting the times, they didn't make it to his bed.

Luke Hemmings was too good looking for his own good and Michael couldn't stay away.

The doors were unlocked when he came home and even though he wasn't surprised, he was annoyed.

"You're late." The tall woman turned around and smiled at him. It wasn't a nice kind smile.

His older sister was clearly up to something.

"What do you want, Sam?" Michael rolled his eyes, how was he late to something he didn't know was happening. "Aren't you supposed to be charming clients away?"

She still had her hair up and a full face of makeup but was dressed in Michael's comfy clothes. "I was, I got the number I wanted but most importantly, I got you the number you wanted."

Sam walked up to him and threw a business card at him. Of course, it fell on the floor and Michael picked it up with a sigh.

"Oh, my-."

"I know," She smiled. "The one event you don't come to your favorite record label owner comes to. Anyway, he's thinking about opening a branch here in Sydney, wants to sign some local artists and stuff. He needs office space, recording studios which you're all good at."

"How? How did you do it? He hates talking to people?"

"His husband was there." Sam winked. "Told him all about my queer brother who loves music and he introduced me to your favorite person immediately."

"Dude!" Michael hugged his sister.

She laughed into his ear. "I know, I know. You owe me big time. Don't forget to call them first thing in the morning. They leave in two days and I promised them a double date with you and your handsome boyfriend."

Michael pushed her back as quickly as he pulled her into a hug.

"Samantha, what boyfriend?"

"I don't know?" She huffed. "Call Oliver or pay someone to come with you. It was the only way they were interested in meeting up."

"You're not serious."

Michael knew it was too good to be true. Unlike him, his sister never made a deal without lying or exaggerating here and there.

"I am, and dad knows about it to so you better find someone and find it fast."

When she left Michael kicked his couch but ended up in pain.

He could have lived without making the deal of his dreams but he couldn't not do it or not try at all if his father knew about it. Michael had a strong feeling that was Sam's plan all along as one of her favorite things was setting her younger brother up on dates.

In desperate need of a drink, Michael changed his suit jacket for a denim one and was out of the door in moments.

Planning on getting drunk, he called a cab and made him drive to Ashton's bar.

Luckily for him, Luke wasn't there but Ash was and it only took one look at Michael's face to know he needed a drink.

"You okay, man?"

After three drinks, Michael still didn't feel like talking but after two more shots, he did.

"Do you have any siblings?"

"Two," Ashton answered. "Half-sister and half-brother. Both younger."

"I have an older sister whose entire life revolves around making my life difficult."

"What did she do? Steal clients away from you?"

Michael's eyes were getting heavy but he ordered another drink anyway. "Worse, she gives me clients she knows I can't close the deal with."

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."

Michael had another drink after that before Ashton finally pulled the plug.

Too drunk to know or care, he fell asleep, leaning against the bar.

Minutes or hours later someone woke him up.

"You have to go home, Michael."

He just groaned and pushed them away. He could hear people talk in the background.

"Do you know where he lives?"

"No, but Luke does."

✱✱✱

someone asked me if I forgot that this was fake relationship fiction but I think you guys were the ones who forgot d:

thoughts?

Michael's family? his sister?

his sister's deal and him getting drunk?

any theories?

love, Lucija ♡

p.s.: i am self-isolated so i will probably have more time to write. i always update this fiction when it hits 20 votes and this still applies. (:

p.p.s.: stay healthy, stay inside. i am unable to go to my home country, not sure when i will be able to return so please do whatever you can to help the world heal right now.