22 ✱ intervention

!!! at this point in the story everything is a cliffhanger (: I hate it as much as you do but please be patent and don't forget to leave me some feedback !!! love you!

✱✱✱

"You should see him, talk to him." Ashton finally said. "I think. I think both of you have things to talk about. I think he loves you too."

Calum huffed. "Of course, he does."

✱✱✱

What Luke enjoyed about this new kind of poker night with the boys was that there was more alcohol and junk food than usual.

What he didn't like about this poker night was that Ashton didn't bring his poker kit, Calum wasn't wearing his lucky socks and Luke knew they wouldn't play poker.

It was an intervention.

In his opinion, it wasn't needed. He was fine, he truly was. He's been home for three weeks, he never missed work, he didn't lose or gain weight or forgot to pick his son from his mum's place after work.

The one thing his best friends could rightfully point out was the fact that Luke was avoiding both of them. Didn't call Calum to work out with him and avoided Ashton's bar at all costs.

He knew Michael would never come to the restaurant without texting him first, or talking to Ashton and Ash informing him about it but still.

That bar will always be the place where he met Michael Clifford.

Poker or no poker, Luke decided to ignore both men and sat at his usual spot behind the dining room table and sipped on his alcohol drink.

He felt like a child again when he heard Calum and Ashton talking in the next room. Luke knew they were talking about him, his phone buzzed and he didn't have to look to know who it was. However, before he could read it his two dads returned and sat on their respective poker seats.

"Will you talk freely or do we have to interrogate you?" Calum asked.

Luke looked at him and shrugged. "I'm not sure what you want to talk about." He didn't lie, he just avoided the topic.

Ashton sighed, he was obviously the bad cop. "Luke, we want to help, but we can't if you won't talk about what happened."

"Okay..." He raised his eyebrow. "I appreciate and love you both, you know that but I don't need help. If I would, I'd reach out."

The eldest of the bunch wanted to say something but Calum nudged him with his elbow. "Could you then just maybe tell us what had happened? If not for healing purposes than just so we know if we're supposed to hate Michael if Ash has to rip any contracts in half."

"No," Luke said quickly. "You don't have to do anything like that."

"He... Michael said to ask you, and if you don't want to talk about it, he would, if you'd want him to talk." Ashton said not looking up from the table.

Luke knew he blamed himself for whatever happened between them.

"Just promise not to interrupt, can you do that?"