19 ✱ too cute to handle

mukesos said yes to another chapter of fluff before things happen

- first part of the chapter is in Michael's pov, second in Luke's

DO NOT FORGET TO COMMENT

✱✱✱

"Can I tell you a secret?" Michael asked and immediately got the child's attention.

"Can I tell dad about it?" He knew it didn't matter if he said yes or no, there was no secret Dylan wouldn't tell Luke about even if he was bribed with all the candy in the world.

✱✱✱

"Are you tired?" Michael asked Dylan who was sitting on his lap, eyes fixed on the TV screen.

Michael had a game controller in his hands and was showing Dylan his favorite childhood PlayStation games. Luke was taking a shower.

The couple was leaving for their vacation the next day but Dylan insistent on coming over to Michael's apartment with his dad so he could say goodbye at the airport. That of course meant someone had to come with them at four in the morning to drive the child to his grandmother and Michael couldn't remember the last time his mother drove him to the airport.

Not that Karen minded, if it was up to her, she would have moved Michael, Luke and Dylan to her house so she could take care of them twenty-four seven.

"It's only eight," Dylan complained, immediately thinking Michael was trying to get rid of him. In reality, he dreaded waking up at 2 in the morning. He couldn't even imagine in what mood the seven-year-old would be.

"I know, but I am actually very tired so I think that when your dad comes from the shower we might go to sleep." He pushed his wild blond curls from his eyes and looked into his brown eyes. "I get very grumpy when I'm tired and I know your dad gets grumpy too when he's tired."

Dylan frowned. "Uncle Cal says dad's always tired because of you."

Luckily, if Michael learned anything during long and intense conference calls and sales meeting it was to not break when something went wrong.

"Well," He presented his argument to the child. "Your dad works a lot, has to study, and has to take care of you. He also has friends and sometimes he sees his friends when he should be sleeping."

Dylan dropped the subject and quickly changed it. "Why are you going on vacation without me?"

Michael had an answer prepared for this one. Luke warned him Dylan was sulking because he thought his dad didn't want him to go.

"You are going on vacation with your mum and Charlie, I thought your dad will be sad at home alone and he did so good on his exams so I wanted to take him somewhere. Is that okay with you?"

"I guess," Dylan replied.

"Can I tell you a secret?" Michael asked and immediately got the child's attention.

"Can I tell dad about it?" He knew it didn't matter if he said yes or no, there was no secret Dylan wouldn't tell Luke about even if he was bribed with all the candy in the world.