Chapter 3

Luke *point of view*

The two dogs, which I still don't know the names of, leaped off the couch and sprinted towards the door to meet the newcomer at the door. The dogs immediately jumped all over Ashton and Ashton knelt down to the floor to pet them.

"Jax! Bella!" Ashton cooed. Skylar snickered and Ashton glared at her.

"Shut up, you know i love your dogs," Ashton said jokingly. She rolled her eyes and invited him in. Well at least I knew the name of the dogs now.
Ashton looked at my bruises and sighed at me. "Again Luke?" he asked sadly. I just nodded my head. He shook his head. I told him what Skylar had done and he smiled and hugged her. She laughed as he pulled her in his lap while I told the story.

"Still got that uppercut huh Sky?" he said poking her sides. She giggled and poked him back. There must have been another time she did that.

"So wait you guys know each other?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

"Well I used to live in Australia till I was in 8th and Ash was my neighbor unfortunately," she sarcastically said. He gasped pretending to be offended. We all cracked up at his gasp. "And then I moved to America for like 3 years and now I'm here again." she finished.

"How's your mum?" Ash asked. Her face turned a deathly shade of pale.

"The same," she sniffed. Ash held her closer as she put her head on his chest. she looked extremely sad.

"It'll be alright. I can help you now." He muttered. She smiled faintly but still kept wrapped up in him.

"What about your brother?" he asked again. She looked at him before answering in a monotone voice, "He has a kid that he can't even take care of." he shook his head and laughed

"Knew it," he muttered to himself. She laughed and smacked his chest.

"And how bout No-Show?" he asked grinning. She started to laugh for a short amount of time.

"You're such a dork, Ash." she snickered. "But still the same yeah."

I looked over to Ashton and gave him the 'what the hell is going on?' look. He gave me the 'I'll tell you soon' look back to me. I just shrugged.

"How's Calum?" she asked.

"Calum. If that makes any sense," he laughed and she threw her head back and cracked up.

The doorbell rang ending our peaceful silence. Skylar crawled out of Ashton's lap and padded towards the door. We heard the lock click open and the door squeak to reveal a man and a small kid. The man had jet black hair and pretty broad shoulders, but not as big as Ashton's. The little kid was a boy who had dirty blonde hair and looked around 2 or 3.

"Matt? What do you want?" Skylar said bitterly. Ashton sprang off the couch and went towards the front door. I'm still confused as hell. Before Aston walked away and muttered to me, "Stay here." I nodded. Now more scared then ever. I guess having a bully makes you have fear everyday since your just waiting for the bully to do or say something.

"Can you look after Jason for me for a week?" Matt, I'm guessing, answered. Ashton sauntered over to the door standing behind Skylar and folded his arms across his chest. Matt looked up and gave a fake smile to Ashton.

"No I can't. I have school. Get someone else," Skylar spat at him. Matt chuckled and shoved a duffel bag at her. She huffed at the impact. Ashton started to tap his foot. That's not good, Ashton is about to blow up and I'd hate to be that Matt guy.

"What would mum make you do?" He snickered which turned into an evil laugh while he clutched his stomach. He grabbed the small kid and pushed him in the house. The kid stumbled into Skylar and wrapped his arms around her leg. Matt gave a little wave and strutted off while still laughing. Ashton started to walk but Skylar stopped him.

"It's not worth it, Ash," She muttered. Ashton slammed the door making the kid jump. Ashton took his hands through his hair and angrily walked over to me.

"C'mon sweetie, it's time for bed," she soothingly said to the kid. The kid nodded and he jumped into Skylar's open arms. She walked down a hallway and turned to a door.

"Ashton, breathe," I said placing a hand on his arm. I knew that if his temper got out of control then we could be in a shitload of trouble. He looked at me and I could barely read his expression.

"I'm taking you home and then I'm coming back here to sleep, okay?" Aston stammered. He seemed to be calming down by the minute. I shook my head no and he gave me a questioning look.

"We can both stay here. Why waste your gas? Plus Skylar and I are friends," I stated. Ashton smiled and I knew he was happy I made a friend. Hell, I was happy I made a friend.

There was a slight singing through the walls. Ashton looked at me and motioned towards the bedroom door. We tip-toed over to the door, trying not to make a sound. Someone was indeed singing 'twinkle twinkle little star' in a very angelic sounding voice. Ashton smirked. The singing had ended signally that she was about to exit the room. Ash and I scrambled to the couch trying to look casual while she walked through the frame towards us. She laughed.

"I know you all to well, Ash. I know you were listening through the door. And don't act all innocent, Luke. I know you were the too," she tried to say with a serious face and hands on her hips but she ended up laughing with Ashton and I.

"Movie night?" Ashton pleaded. She nodded and put an a movie. The movie started and it was 'Blended' with Adam Sandler. I hadn't seen this movie so I was pretty excited. She sat in between Ashton and I. Ashton pulled her down so she can put her head in lap. I pulled her legs across mine. She laughed and hit play on the movie.

----------------------
Luke's *point of view*

I woke up and looked at the time. It was 10:08. Ashton was on the floor sleeping like a rock. I was laying down on the couch with Skylar's back up against me. My arm was draped over her midsection. I smiled and was probably blushing like crazy. When had this happened? oh well I'm not complaining. She flipped herself so that she was face to face with me. I'm pretty sure my breathe hitched when I saw her, in a good way of course.

"Morning Luke," she laughed and started to get up but I pulled her down.

"Where are you going?" I asked quietly, trying not to wake Ashton.

"I was going to get up because I didn't mean to sleep next you like that when we only just met," she whispered. I smiled and shook my head no. Her body and face relaxed into mine.

"Are you sure?" she asked barely audible. I laughed quietly and muttered a yes to her. She snuggled deeper into my chest and I held her closer. She started to drift back to sleep and I kept my eyes open for a little longer. I felt my eyelids getting heavier as I too drifted off to sleep.

--------------------------
AUTHORS NOTE:

So sorry for the filler chapter. The next chapter will have the some more backstory probably.

BYE BYE^-^