Chapter 20

Skylar's *point of view*

I woke up to the sound of my phone blaring my ring tone. I patted around my night stand till I cam in contact with my phone. I answered it, after my eyes adjusted to the brightness.

"Hello," I groggily said, still trying to actually open my eyes. I'm not a morning person if you couldn't tell.

"Hey!" A cheery voice said in response. I groaned.

"What do you want, Ash?" I asked. He chuckled at me.

"Fine be late to school then," He said before ending the call. Looking at my clock, I saw that I had about 10 minutes before Ashton showed up. I jumped out of bed and ran to my closet. Grabbing a pair of high waisted black shorts and a maroon sweater that tucked into my shorts, I quickly put them on. Along with a beanie so I wouldn't have to spend time on my hair. I put on my makeup quickly, not caring too much about it matching, and climbed down my ladder. I reached the kitchen and grabbed a banana, which I shoved down while slipping on my vans and grabbed my backpack. I walked out the door as Ashton pulled up and I locked my door. I quickly ran to them and got into the truck.

"Hey Skylar," Luke said, grabbing my hand intertwining them together after I sat down.

"Hey, Luke," I said back. Ashton gives me a questioning look, but he then simply shrugged it off and headed off towards school. Ashton 'bye' like he was happy to see us go into school (a.k.a. hell). Sighing, I pulled Luke to the tree and we waited for the rest of our friends to show up.

"So how was your weekend?" Luke asks, smirking at me. I shrugged and hid my smile like there was nothing important that had happened.

"Eh. I spent it with some dork," I say, smirking back at him. He mocks hurt and places the hand not holding mine over his chest. We both started to laugh at eachother, and we mustv'e looked like complete weirdos. But, I don't care.

"Hey Sky." I cringe at the person that the vioce came from. Luke's laughing halted immediatley and I felt him stiffen behind me.

"What do you want, Thomas?" I asked. Thomas had a smirk on his face as he was about to do what he had done to me on Friday. I panicked and stayed frozen, with my limbs not doing anything except stumbling with the pull, as Thomas pulled me closer and closer to him. But this time, Luke immediately ripped me from Thomas's grasp. I stumbled a little, almost tripping and falling on my backside, but I felt Luke's arm swoop around my waist pulling me up towards him. I look over the sea of heads and I saw Thomas walking away.

"Thanks," I said to Luke. He looks over at me and gives me a small smile, with something unreadable in his eyes. I hope this doesn't mess anything up.

------------------------

Sitting in third period, in a daze, staring mindlessly at the board. The teacher in the front, who I didn't even know the name of because I could careless, was going on and on about something I wasn't really paying attention to. I started to doodle over my notebook paper while the lesson was still in motion. I had already completed the worksheet that some people hadn't even started. That's why I'm bored out of my mind sitting here. Class usually goes like this, me just sitting in the back with my work done and then just waiting for the bell to ring. Letting my mind drift, my thoughts come to what happened on Friday with Thomas.....

-Flashback-

I walk out of my sixth period class and stood against the lockers waiting for Luke. He would always be a little late since he hates getting teased and his books getting thrown to the ground. I scrolled through twitter while I wait, sometimes glancing up from it to see if the blondie is here yet. I am met with a pair of familiar green eyes.

"Who ya waitin on?" Thomas asked.

"Luke," I respond back to him. This is weird he never comes this way to leave school. I shrug it off, nt really caring at the moment. I start to feel an arm slip around my waist and hold in my wince. I look over to Thomas to see his normally bright eyes, but I come in contact with a dull, dark, emotionless eyes.

"What are you doing T-Thomas,?'" I stutter out. I felt extremely uncomfortable now, since he had me pressed up against his chest with eyes darker than before.

"This," He says before he crashes his lips against mine. I try to pull away or to push him but his grasp is too tight on me and I'm trying not to scream out in pain or let the tears that have been welling up in my eyes spill over. He steps back and looks around before starting to pull me closer and closer. I put on a smile but my bruises were absolutely killing me. I dart my eyes to not meet his gaze and suddenly I am met with the blue eyes of a mad Luke. I tried sending him a glance to help me out, but he doesn't understand what I meant.

"C'mon, let's go," Thomas whispers in my ear. I knew what he was implying. And quite frankly I hated him right now. Before I could respond, Luke finally seemed to get what's going on.

"Hey Tommy," Luke says. Thomas doesn't even say hello back, but does step away from me a bit. I felt strong arms wrap around my stomach and I place my hands on his hands, knowing it was Luke. Thomas flutters away with an angry glare, but walks out of school.

-End of flashback- 

------------------------

I look over at the clock and wait for final bell to ring. Thankfully, I hadn't seen Thomas anymore, which made Luke go to his normal ways. The bell rung and I walked out of my classroom to see Luke on floor picking up his books. I rush over to him and help him pick up the items sprawled on the floor, when I feel a kick to my backpack that sends me to the floor. I look up to see none other than Joey.

It's Monday. What's he doing bothering us?

-----------------------------

Author's note:

Hey sorry for the super late update. But thanks for the reads and votes!!