Chapter 8

Skylar's *point of view*

I slammed my hand on my alarm clock to shut the thing off since it was blaring next to my ear. 5:30 am is just to early for me. I sat up and rubbed my eyes hoping to take some of the drowsiness away. But, with no avail I stumble over to get my outfit together. I picked my Fall Out Boy t-shirt with my high waisted white skinny jeans. I stared into the mirror ans put on my simple make up. Just some simple eyeliner that is always in a wing shape, and some mascara. Before i exited the bathroom, i brushed my teeth. I brushed the knots out of my hair before putting on my black snap-back that was just simple and black. I climbed down the stairs and glanced at the time on the clock.

5:47 am. I decided not to wake up Jay just yet. I went to the hall closet and brought out my low white converse and tied them up tight. I checked over everything in my backpack to make sure i had everything for school. Once i had made sure of that, I flicked on Nickelodeon for when Jay wakes up. Of course Spongebob was on, but, eh, I was kind of warming up to the show. Okay. Okay. I actually liked the show.

I walked down the hallway and opened the door to Jay peacefully sleeping. I tip-toed over to his small bed and tapped his shoulders.

"Jay wake up. C'mon. It's time to wake up," I whispered in his ear. He didn't even budge.

"That's it. I'm gonna tickle you," I whispered. I saw a small smile threaten to reveal itself on his face. I smirked and pulled the blankets off him and tickled his stomach. He erupted in a fit of giggles while he squirmed every which way.

"I-I'm...up," He managed to say through his constant giggling. I stopped and let him catch his breath.

"See that's why you get up when i tell you to," I said trying to sound stern but he just laughed at me. I scooped him up and brought him to brush his teeth and fix his hair before pulling off his pajamas. He put on some shorts and another dinosaur shirt. He grinned and walked over to my spot in the kitchen.

"Cereal?" I asked him. He nodded and I grabbed our favorite kind; Lucky Charms. We finished our bowls in record time and soon i was packing his lunch for daycare. He sat on the couch and was watching Spongebob, like i suspected, and put on some sneakers.

BEEP BEEP

My phone was sending off the sound that i had received a text.

From Ash: somethings wrong with Luke.

To Ash: what do you mean?

From Ash: He didn't sound right on the phone. He usually talks, but this time he just hung up after a sentence.

To Ash: Okay.... I'll ask him

We said our goodbyes and i texted Luke.

To Luke: Are you okay? Heard from Ash that you sounded weird this morning.

A couple of minutes later I got a reply from Luke.

From Luke: idk

I suddenly realize why. I looked at the calender. Tuesday. Of course. I didn't know much about his bully, but i do know that he beats up Luke every Tuesday. I shook off the feeling of pity and disgust and stumbled out the door with Jay holding my hand at the sound of Anton's truck honking. We walked down the path to the curb and hopped into the truck. Luke got out so i could sit in the middle. He didn't give me one of his brilliant smiles like he usually does. He gave me a forlorn and scared look. I buckled up with Jay on my lap. Luke followed the same actions, but they seemed to be tired-like.