Prologue: Who's that?

Sometime in 2016

The seven members of the most popular k-pop group are gathered in one of the ready-rooms as they snack on fruit and crackers, waiting for their manager to call them to the next interview.

Yoongi munches on some chips next to Hoseok on one of the couches, while Namjoon rests his eyes in a lounge chair. Jimin gets his hair re-styled, Taehyung seems to be watching some anime on his phone and Jin looks like he's trying to make a fruit salad at the buffet. Jungkook is the only one standing and he seems to be very immersed in a video on his phone, smiling a surprised bunny smile.

"Guys", Jungkook says excitedly, but no one reacts.

"Guys, do you know Moon?", he continues despite the lack of attention from his hyungs.

"Moonhae? The solo singer?", Jimin asks with raised eyebrows.

"Yeah, her. Have you seen her videos?"

"Some of them...", Jimin admits.

"Isn't she amazing? Did you see those moves she was making? I thought those were banned in k-pop...", Jungkook gushes.

"Oh, I've seen her videos!", Hoseok chimes in, "She is really amazing!"

"You mean she's really risqué", Yoongi grunts.

"That's her image though... Management probably made her debut like that", Jimin says matter-of-factly.

"Wasn't she on stage with us at the last awards show?", Jin wonders aloud as he stuffs some blueberries into his mouth.

"Oh yeah...", Hoseok remembers.

"She's so hot though...", Jungkook blushes at his phone.

"Who's hot?", Taehyung finally looks up from his anime and takes his airpods out.

"Take a look at this", Jungkook walks over to Taehyung and shows him the video on his phone.

"Oh... Isn't that Moonhae?", Taehyung recognizes her and Jungkook nods.

"You do know she's older than you, Jungkook, right?", Jimin grins at him.

"So? I like older girls...", he brushes Jimin off.

"And she has a boyfriend", Jin adds.

"Seriously? A public one?", Jungkook looks at his hyung in surprise.

"Yeah, it's like this whole thing... He's some model and their relationship's been public since right after her debut in 2014...", Jin informs them.

"Are they the couple that had the police show up at their apartment?", Yoongi furrows his brow.

"Oh my god, that is them!", Hoseok agrees.

"Yeah, I have no idea what's going on with them. I don't really want to know", Jin shrugs.

Namjoon seems to have woken up from his short rest and joins the conversation with an irritated expression, "Are you talking about Moon?"

"Yeah", they nod.

"Huh...", Namjoon lets out an annoyed sigh, which leaves the other members wondering.

"You know her?", Jungkook asks.

"Yeah... From way back in the day. But it doesn't really matter", Namjoon dismisses the question.

"So... She's a year younger than me, right?", Taehyung wonders aloud.

"Yeah, what about it?", Jungkook looks down at his hyung, who's sitting in a lounge chair with his phone in his hands.

"We'd be great together...", Taehyung grins mischievously, knowing he's pushing Jungkook's buttons.

"Hey! I liked her first!", Jungkook protests and grabs his phone back out of Taehyung's hands.

"She has a boyfriend, guys... Are you actually arguing about this right now?", Yoongi glares at them.

"Interview time! Let's go, everyone!", their manager calls out to them, waving them to follow him out of the ready room. They all shuffle obediently to do the same old just on a different day.