Games

February 2021

With Jimin's situation being pretty dire the beginning of the year, even the Big Hit staff refers him to psychologists and therapists to speak with. But even going through all that, he may have gained some more weight, but his headspace is still corrupted by all the things the media is saying. By now everyone's commented on his weight and it helps in no way with his self-image.

Before their tour starts, Namjoon had suggested for him to visit Aya in Japan to spend at least a week there on hiatus. Reluctantly, he eventually agreed to it. Not wanting to let his hyungs down, he feels guilty for taking a short break, but knows that he very well needs it. The relapse was something Jimin wanted to deny at first, but very soon realized he was more sickly than ever. The public pressure he's been under after their relationship announcement must've been a huge contributing factor to that.

At the start of all this, he finally spoke to Aya about his problems, something he's never mentioned before. And with Moonhae's help, she's able to understand where his body image issues are coming from. Discussing it more with him, she's become a huge support-system to him.

So here he is, sitting in her apartment, all bundled up in blankets on the couch and watching a movie she's put on. Nestling herself into him, she comfortably rests her head against his shoulder. 

"Jimin?", she then speaks up shyly.

"Hm?"

"All of this... Did it happen because of me?", she chews on her bottom lip whilst keeping her eyes trained on the TV screen.

"Oh, no, Aya", he immediately reaches out from the blankets to put his arms around her, "It's just my mind. Under that stress, I guess it would've happened sooner or later."

"But all that stress was because of our relationship", she objects.

"No, it was because of how people reacted to our relationship and the thought that I forced you to do something you didn't want to do. And all the hate you were getting, it was because of me and I felt guilty", he explains solemnly, "I was the happiest I ever was when you came into my life."

"But now you know the way people reacted isn't your fault, right?", she gazes up at him.

"I guess", he merely responds.

"Because it's not", she repeats, cupping his cheeks and making him look her in the eyes to make him understand.

"Okay", he reads her truthful eyes, letting himself mentally rest in her comfort.

"Good", she smiles a little, before moving to get up from the couch.

"Where are you going?", his eyes grow round as he watches her move towards the kitchen.

"Do you want a snack?", she asks hesitantly.

"Um...", he contemplates for a moment, knowing he doesn't want one, but at the same time not wanting to let her down, "Not really..."

"Not even ice cream?", she pouts, "Just a spoonful?"

Just a spoonful doesn't sound so scary to him when she says it, so he nods. Within minutes, after  some clanging around in the kitchen, she emerges with a small bowl of vanilla ice cream.

Seating herself back next to the boy in blankets, she takes her dainty little spoon and delves it into the ice cream. With an encouraging smile she holds the spoon up towards Jimin. His eyes travel down to the food, slightly tensing up, but when he looks back up at her and her sweet expression, he leans forward to take it into his mouth.

Doing so, he notices something else, other than that beautifully rich flavor his taste buds are enjoying. It's the spoon she's holding. As she picks up some more ice cream with it to eat herself, he notices the small engraving on the end. It's the unmistakable tiny ice cream cone from the place he took her over a year ago. The place they were chased out of by fans and she had accidentally kept their metal cutlery in her hand.