The Boyfriend

February 2017

"Breaking News! Last night at 11pm the police were once again called to the residence of k-pop idol Choe Moonhae, also known by her stage name Moon, in downtown Seoul. Reports say there may have been an altercation between Moon and her current model boyfriend Jaewon, although the details are unclear. This has not been the first incident where police were forced to resolve conflict with the two present, the previous incident taking place in 2016..."

The female newscaster's voice echoes through Taehyung's ears. His eyes are widened at the TV screen in front of him in the styling room.

"That poor girl... If this continues the label will drop her", one of the stylists sighs.

Taehyung spins around and rushes out of the room towards where the rest of his members are gathered.

"Guys!", Taehyung receives worried looks for the urgency in his voice, "The news... it... the police were called to Moon's apartment last night."

"What? Why?", Hoseok looks flustered in return.

"Apparently there was another incident with her boyfriend", Taehyung answers, his demeanor turned very serious.

"Jesus...", Namjoon runs his hands through his hair.

"How can she still be with that guy? Hasn't this happened before?", Jungkook sounds angry.

"We should text her to see if she's ok", Jimin suggests.

"I hope she's alright...", Yoongi says to himself.

The night before

Moonhae slowly put her keys down onto the dresser in the entrance hall. Something was off. It was already late in the evening and she hadn't been home all day, but the dim light in the living room was flooding the dark hallway. Jaewon hadn't replied to her texts when she asked him if he was coming over, so she figured he wouldn't come. But weren't those his shoes in the entrance hall?

She inched her way towards the living room, a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach.

"Jae?", her voice trembled as she called out. There was no answer.

Turning the corner, she let out a small yelp in surprise. A tall man in dark clothing was sitting hunched over on her couch. Once he raised his head, she realized it was just Jaewon.

"Jesus, don't scare me like that", Moon said angrily.

She should have felt relieved, but Jae just looked at her with his beady black eyes. He seemed so emotionless.

"Where were you?", he finally asked her.

"I was at practice. You know that."

"Were you really?"

"Of course I was! What do you mean?", Moon started getting upset again.

"So you weren't hanging out with your new friends?", he got up in an intimidating way.

"What are you talking about? What new friends?", now she was just confused.

"Don't play fucking dumb!", he bellowed and Moon flinched back.

"I don't-"

"Those boys hanging onto you like monkeys at the ISACs! How are you going to pretend like that didn't happen?!", Jae interrupted her.

"You mean the Bangtan boys?", she scoffed, "I just met them!"

"So you're probably gang banging them now, aren't you? I mean the way you flirted with them said enough. There was a fucking camera on all of you the whole time, did you fucking forget that? You didn't think I would be watching, did you?", his eyes widened until the point where he looked really scary, like he was going to do something unexpected.